Technology and Data Solutions Practice /
Definitive Logic is seeking a seasoned Data Engineer to join our team. This opportunity is primarily remote but must be available to go onsite in Arlington, Virginia to support an Army project as needed.
Duties and Responsibilities include but not limited to the following:
- Develop ETL pipelines in Databricks or StreamSets to ingest and transform Army financial or logistics data
- Possess and apply expertise on multiple complex work assignments
- Assignments may be broad in nature, requiring originality and innovation in determining how to accomplish tasks
- Operate with appreciable latitude in developing methodology and presenting solutions to problems
- Contribute to deliverables and performance metrics where applicable
- 4 years of relevant data solution experience
- Experience developing solutions for high volume, low latency applications and can operate in a fast paced, highly collaborative environment
- Distributed computer understanding and experience with SQL, Spark, leading ETL technologies and approaches
- Independent, creative and determined
- Strong SQL experience
- Experience with a modern programming language such as Python or Java
- Experience working in a big data and cloud environment
- Ability to quickly learn technical concepts and communicate with multiple functional groups
- Ability to display a positive, can-do attitude
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience or exposure to one or more Army systems, including but not limited to:
- Bachelor's Degree
- Interim Secret or higher
- GFEBS, GCSS, PROBE, SAMAS, CMICS, DMPOS, Army Equipping Enterprise System (AE2S) or Materiel Release Tracking System (MRTS)
- 2 years of experience working in an agile development environment
- Experience developing data pipelines using modern Big Data ELT technologies like Nifi or StreamSets
About Definitive Logic
Definitive Logic (DL) is a management and technology consulting firm known for delivering outcomes and ROI for agencies’ most complex business challenges. DL delivers performance-based and outcome-driven technology consulting solutions that directly support the strategic intent of our Defense, Homeland Security, Emergency Management, Federal Civilian and Commercial clients. We’re the preferred technology integration partner for Federal agencies to apply the best of data science, app dev, DevSecOps, cyber and cloud solutions to improve decision support, empower front-line employees and enhance back-office operations. We serve as trusted advisors providing objective, fact-based, vendor & technology-neutral consulting services.
Definitive Logic is ultimately a team of problem solvers — thought leaders, domain experts, coders, data enthusiasts, and technophiles. Our exciting projects and learning and sharing culture have consistently resulted in validation as a Great Place to Work: 2023 Washington Post Top Workplaces (8-time winner) | 2023 Virginia Best Places to Work (10 years running, #1 midsize in 2019).
Definitive Logic is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable, or limited in your ability, to use or access our Careers page: https://www.definitivelogic.com/careers/open-opportunities/ as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Recruiting@DefinitiveLogic.com or via phone: 703-955-4186. In order to quickly respond to your request, please use the words "Accommodation Request" as your e-mail subject line.
Life/AD&D: Company paid
Supplemental Plans: TriCare Supplement, Pet Insurance through Nationwide, Legal Resources and hospital/accidental indemnity plans and Wellness initiatives.
Competitive Base Salary
Annual performance based bonus
401(k) & Roth option: You are fully (100%) vested on day 1 and DL matches up to 5%
Flexible Time Off (FTO): Under our FTO plan, there is no cap in the amount of leave you choose to take, with proper coordination and prior approval.
Volunteer Hours: DL allocates up to 8 hours for you to use every year to volunteer for a 501c3 organization of your choice and DL will donate to that charity based on how many hours you volunteer.
Cell Phone Reimbursement: $80/month
Location Specific Metro/Parking
Training & Certifications