Database Administrator V
Mission Support Practice /
Definitive Logic is seeking a platform Database Administrator, the primary responsibility will be to design, implement, maintain and continuously improve cloud-based databases for our organization. You will be the sole DBA supporting a 20 member IT team to ensure proper security, backup, and recovery protocols are in place. You will also collaborate with other teams to develop and execute data migrations, perform data analysis, and provide technical assistance to stakeholders as required. Manage and maintain cloud-based databases including, but not limited to,Oracle, mySQL, MariaDB, AWS Relational Database Service (RDS), Azure Database, Google Cloud Platform (GCP) Cloud SQL, and MongoDB Atlas.
Roles and responsibilities include but not limited to the following:
· Manage and maintain cloud-based databases including, but not limited to,Oracle, mySQL, MariaDB, AWS Relational Database Service (RDS), Azure Database, Google Cloud Platform (GCP) Cloud SQL, and MongoDB Atlas.
· Examine and identify database structural necessities by evaluating client operations, applications, and programming.
· Design, create and maintain database schemas, tables, indexes, and triggers.
· Create necessary integration and interfaces to share and retrieve data with other systems
· Perform database backup, recovery, and security procedures, including disaster recovery plans.
· Monitor database performance and respond to issues such as slow queries, failed transactions, or system outages.
· Collaborate with developers, data analysts, and business stakeholders for data-related projects such as data migration, data transformation, and data validation.
· Develop a Data Migration approach that incorporates a development and test environment to validate the Data Integration and Data Exchange of any new system.
· Develop scripts, tools, and procedures to automate database administration tasks.
· Develop and maintain systems documentation.
· Define and implement database-related policies, standards, and procedures.
· Provide technical guidance and support for internal teams and external customers on database-related issues.
· Configuration and Change Management of database environments
· Oversee the migration of data from legacy systems to new solutions that utilize a modern data-centric architecture that aligns with US Federal, DoD, Army, and USACE IT strategies and policies.
- Bachelor's or master's degree in computer science, Information Systems or related field
- CompTIA Security+CE certification or DoD 8570 IAT Level 2 compliant certification (e.g., CCNA, Security, CySA+, GICSP, GSEC, Security+ CE, CND, SSCP) or higher certification required within 6 months
- 7+ years of experience in cloud-based database administration and management
- Experienced with AWS RDS, Azure Database, mySQL, or other cloud-based database services
- Solid understanding of SQL and NoSQL databases such as Oracle, MySQL, Postgres, MongoDB, and DynamoDB
- Fluent in one or more programming languages like Python, Bash, Java, or Ruby
- Deep understanding of database architecture, performance tuning, monitoring, and optimization
- Strong problem-solving and critical thinking skills
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Experience with DevOps practices and tools, such as Git, Jenkins, Kubernetes and Docker
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- DoD Secret Clearance or ability to obtain
- Cloud Certification such as Oracle, AWS Certified Solutions Architect, Microsoft Certified Azure Solutions Architect, or Google Cloud Certified - Professional Cloud Architect is a plus
- Ability to think logically and analytically in a problem-solving environment
- Possess imaginative abstract reasoning
- Able to work as part of a team
- Self-reliant and able to work independently
- Willing to be a continuous learner
- Proven ability to manage client expectations and ensure high satisfaction of the client
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
About Definitive Logic
Definitive Logic (DL) is a management and technology consulting firm known for delivering outcomes and ROI for agencies’ most complex business challenges. DL delivers performance-based and outcome-driven technology consulting solutions that directly support the strategic intent of our Defense, Homeland Security, Emergency Management, Federal Civilian and Commercial clients. We’re the preferred technology integration partner for Federal agencies to apply the best of data science, app dev, DevSecOps, cyber and cloud solutions to improve decision support, empower front-line employees and enhance back-office operations. We serve as trusted advisors providing objective, fact-based, vendor & technology-neutral consulting services.
Definitive Logic is ultimately a team of problem solvers — thought leaders, domain experts, coders, data enthusiasts, and technophiles. Our exciting projects and learning and sharing culture have consistently resulted in validation as a Great Place to Work: 2023 Washington Post Top Workplaces (8-time winner) | 2023 Virginia Best Places to Work (10 years running, #1 midsize in 2019).
Definitive Logic is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable, or limited in your ability, to use or access our Careers page: https://www.definitivelogic.com/careers/open-opportunities/ as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Recruiting@DefinitiveLogic.com or via phone: 703-955-4186. In order to quickly respond to your request, please use the words "Accommodation Request" as your e-mail subject line.
Life/AD&D: Company paid
Supplemental Plans: TriCare Supplement, Pet Insurance through Nationwide, Legal Resources and hospital/accidental indemnity plans and Wellness initiatives.
Competitive Base Salary
Annual performance based bonus
401(k) & Roth option: You are fully (100%) vested on day 1 and DL matches up to 5%
Flexible Time Off (FTO): Under our FTO plan, there is no cap in the amount of leave you choose to take, with proper coordination and prior approval.
Volunteer Hours: DL allocates up to 8 hours for you to use every year to volunteer for a 501c3 organization of your choice and DL will donate to that charity based on how many hours you volunteer.
Cell Phone Reimbursement: $80/month
Location Specific Metro/Parking
Training & Certifications