Full Stack Developer - REMOTE
Technology and Data Solutions Practice /
Definitive Logic is currently seeking an experienced Full Stack Developer to assist our team in helping our clients drive business value from their data assets.
What you’ll get to do:
· Be a leader in our high performing team that designs, develops, and implements data-centric solutions and applications using the latest tools, technologies, and techniques.
· Help our customers enhance their analytic capabilities and the way they integrate, manage, and use their data by creating modern data architectures and applications.
· Operate as a trusted advisor that helps the Technology Data Solutions Practice and its customers achieve their goals.
Roles & Responsibilities:
· Work across the full stack, building highly scalable distributed solutions that enable positive user experiences and measurable business growth
· Develop new features and infrastructure development in support of rapidly emerging business and project requirements
· Ensure high standards of code quality and thoughtful application design
· Work with agile development methodologies, adhering to best practices and pursuing continued learning opportunities
· Participate in all aspects of agile software development including design, implementation, and deployment
· Create modern front-end and reliable APIs
· Sustainment and maintenance support for existing applications using Test Driven Development (TDD) techniques
· Stimulate new ideas and offer out-of-the-box thinking
· Participate in all parts of SDLC including design, development, documentation, testing, and implementation
- Bachelor's Degree
- Five years hands-on software engineering experience
- Experience with Java/JEE and associated Frameworks such as Spring
- Experience developing REST APIs
- Experience with relational database technologies: Oracle, PL/SQL, Amazon RDS for Oracle
- Experience with Java Message Service (JMS) and Apache ActiveMQ
- Experience with HTML and CSS
- Experience with development/DevOps tools such as IntelliJ IDEA, VS Code, Maven, and Jenkins
- Strong familiarity with Agile Software Development principles
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skills, positive can-do attitude
- Attention to detail and strong analytical skills
- Experience with cloud solutions implemented in Air Force Cloud One
- Experience provisioning and managing AWS services across compute, network, and storage
- Experience in CI/CD technologies with Jenkins
- Experience with code analysis tools Checkmarx, SonarQube, and Fortify SCA
- Data integration experience developing and maintaining one-way and two-way information exchange between systems using technologies including SFTP, MQ, HTTPS and Web Services
About Definitive Logic
Definitive Logic (DL) is a management and technology consulting firm known for delivering outcomes and ROI for agencies’ most complex business challenges. DL delivers performance-based and outcome-driven technology consulting solutions that directly support the strategic intent of our Defense, Homeland Security, Emergency Management, Federal Civilian and Commercial clients. We’re the preferred technology integration partner for Federal agencies to apply the best of data science, app dev, DevSecOps, cyber and cloud solutions to improve decision support, empower front-line employees and enhance back-office operations. We serve as trusted advisors providing objective, fact-based, vendor & technology-neutral consulting services.
Definitive Logic is ultimately a team of problem solvers — thought leaders, domain experts, coders, data enthusiasts, and technophiles. Our exciting projects and learning and sharing culture have consistently resulted in validation as a Great Place to Work: 2023 Washington Post Top Workplaces (8-time winner) | 2023 Virginia Best Places to Work (10 years running, #1 midsize in 2019).
Definitive Logic is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable, or limited in your ability, to use or access our Careers page: https://www.definitivelogic.com/careers/open-opportunities/ as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Recruiting@DefinitiveLogic.com or via phone: 703-955-4186. In order to quickly respond to your request, please use the words "Accommodation Request" as your e-mail subject line.
Life/AD&D: Company paid
Supplemental Plans: TriCare Supplement, Pet Insurance through Nationwide, Legal Resources and hospital/accidental indemnity plans and Wellness initiatives.
Competitive Base Salary
Annual performance based bonus
401(k) & Roth option: You are fully (100%) vested on day 1 and DL matches up to 5%
Flexible Time Off (FTO): Under our FTO plan, there is no cap in the amount of leave you choose to take, with proper coordination and prior approval.
Volunteer Hours: DL allocates up to 8 hours for you to use every year to volunteer for a 501c3 organization of your choice and DL will donate to that charity based on how many hours you volunteer.
Cell Phone Reimbursement: $80/month
Location Specific Metro/Parking
Training & Certifications