National Channel Manager
Chicago, IL or Remote /
At Deft, we are our clients’ most trusted advisor. You might recognize us by our prior name and legacy as ServerCentral Turing Group, but Deft reflects who we are and the capabilities we bring to our clients every day.
The Deft team humanizes technology. We actively listen to our clients, learning and collaborating to develop tailored proposals that perfectly fit their needs. Then we proceed to design, build, operate, secure and scale unique technology solutions with a singular purpose: to deftly deliver on the promise of technology.
Join an exciting team in a growing organization! As a National Channel Manager at Deft you will build meaningful relationships with Sales Partners, Trusted Advisors, TSDs (Technology Service Distributors), Primary Agencies (formerly Master Agencies), and strategic channel partners. These relationships will result in measurable increased deal flow to the Direct Sales Team.
A National Channel Manager represents the entirety of the Deft portfolio and is expected to become highly proficient in the presentation of sales material across the spectrum of Deft’s products and services. These services include but are not limited to Public, Private, and Hybrid Cloud Solutions, Global Colocation, Network Services, Managed Infrastructure Services, Dedicated Hardware, and more.
Our ideal National Channel Manager is an excellent presenter, capable of delivering crisp, informative, and entertaining presentations ranging from Value Proposition and high-level technical information to solution sales focused webinars, panel participation, and training sessions for channel partners. A National Channel Manager is also adept at networking and building relationships from the ground up.
In this exciting role you will attend national channel events in support of Deft and its partners. You will use your creativity, existing relationships, and cross-functional business acumen to build brand awareness, expand Deft’s partner ecosystem, and grow revenue!
- Attend national channel events and actively participate
- Develop channel relationships utilizing existing contacts
- Develop channel relationships via networking
- Work with Primary Agencies (TSDs) to better position Deft within those ecosystems
- Give professional presentations in person, or remotely
- Onboard new channel partners, and nurture those relationships to yield pipeline growth
- Work with Sales Development team to provide solutions to customers around expansion needs, new solution offerings, additional services, temporary needs, and other relevant infrastructure needs
- Perform additional duties as assigned by management
- Drive new / expanded business and year-over-year (YoY), quarter-over-quarter (QoQ) Revenue Growth within the channel program
- Measurably expand Deft’s reach into the channel through your involvement in events, training, and relationship stewardship
- Leverage entire portfolio to educate partners, onboard them and maximize revenue potential
- Coordinate with all departments to ensure partner satisfaction and communicate all issues/partner concerns
- I'm interested...is this the job for me? We are looking for:
- 5+ years of proven channel sales track record within the Private, Hybrid, Public, Managed & Professional Services, IT industry preferred
- 5+ years of outside sales or business to business sales experience required
- Significant existing experience and relationships within the Primary Agency (TSD, Master Agency) ecosphere
- Ability to build channel relationships from the ground up
- Ability to value sell solutions to a multitude of partners
- Applied knowledge across multiple technologies and methodologies
- Accountability to the quota assigned and accepted
- demonstrable organizational skills, communication, and professionalism
- Presentation skills and ability to demonstrate effective sales processes
- Drive relationships, previous and new, to foster more sales and contacts
- Ability to work both independently and in teams
- Proven problem-solving and negotiation skills
- Ability to travel, when necessary and appropriate
I’m interesting … Is this the job for me? We are looking for?
- Experience working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment supporting multiple teams
- Understanding of the implications of buying-team behaviors in enterprise IT decisions
- Ability to solve problems and execute, quickly
- Ability to work well with others and quickly recognize and comprehend the success requirements for other individuals, teams, and business units
At Deft, our culture and core values are important to us. As a diverse team of passionate pathfinders, we deliver on the promise of technology. If this sparks your interest, we'd love to chat with you!
- Make a difference for our clients daily
- Find a way forward
- Push to your potential
- Care, and show up for each other
Benefits: Flexible Time Off, RTA and CTA Transit Benefits, 401k with 4% employer match, free employee collocation and cloud account, a technology allowance with monthly payroll reimbursement, Life Insurance/Long Term Disability, Health Insurance with HRA, Vision Insurance, Dental Insurance, and a fun and casual work environment.
Deft is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Deft is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
As part of this commitment, Deft will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided with reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact email@example.com.Deft is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Deft is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
As part of this commitment, Deft will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided with reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.