Senior Leader, Engineering Architecture
Chicago, IL or Limited Remote (Please Reference List of Open States when Applying) /
Engineering Architecture /
At Deft, we are our clients’ most trusted advisor. You might recognize us by our prior name and legacy as ServerCentral Turing Group, but Deft reflects who we are and the capabilities we bring to our clients every day.
The Deft team humanizes technology. We actively listen to our clients, learning and collaborating to develop tailored proposals that perfectly fit their needs. Then we proceed to design, build, operate, secure, and scale unique technology solutions with a singular purpose: to deftly deliver on the promise of technology.
If you have a robust technology architecture background and a strong vision for a technology-enabled service organization, this is the role for you! We are looking for a Senior Leader, Engineering Architecture to drive our vision and strategy for engineering architecture at Deft. As the Senior Leader, Engineering Architecture, you will manage a team providing strategic guidance and technical architecture for Deft's client solutions as well as internal escalation from Deft Delivery and Support teams You are excited by the thought of building a world class next-generation engineering architecture team that is obsessed with customer service, solution design, research and development, documentation and training, and a customer experience.
- Manage a team of experienced technology architects tackling complex solutions to meet client challenges.
- Develop, manage & optimize Deft's technical architecture framework to ensure consistent quality, performance, expense optimization, and predictable client satisfaction levels.
- Provide leadership for technology strategy, value realization, and tech solution development.
- Serve as a leading expert on existing solution capabilities and innovation opportunities in collaboration with other leaders.
- Liaise with Sales organization to ensure solution architecture addresses client business needs.
- Collaborate with Sales to drive revenue growth, profitability & go-to-market models across a wide variety of clients while upselling opportunities.
- Provide coaching & mentorship to develop product knowledge, technical skills, and product/service architecture capabilities.
- Help to develop content for solution architecture training programs that enable staff to achieve and exceed execution performance objectives.
- Perform research & demonstrate robust industry knowledge in the context of marketplace solution landscape & architecture process optimization.
- Monitor customer, market, and competitor activity and provide feedback to company leadership team and other company stakeholders.
- Identify organizational bottlenecks & opportunities.
- Work closely with the Delivery the organization to provide a seamless client experience and successful client engagements.
- Participate in designing and delivering strategically important work
- Solution architectures that drive technology value for client needs.
- Comprehensive solution architecture strategy roadmap and design framework.
- Annual, quarterly & monthly execution budgets & plans.
- Architecture team tools & training materials in collaboration with Learning function.
- Architecture based KPI benchmarks & reporting.
- Architecture strategies, priorities & KPIs.
- Solution architecture, integration, & resourcing priorities.
- Tools & training approach & content.
- Research and set team priorities, identify solution risks,
- Architecture based KPI benchmarks.
- 10 + years of experience with engineering architecture with a technology services firm.
- Robust experience leading the creation of a best-in-class service delivery group
- Technical background working on solutions-based products and services.
- Experience with research and development for new solution offerings and client engagements.
- Ability to manage client expectations, manage issues, identify and mitigate risks and handle client escalations.
- Deep experience in process improvement activities leveraging process discipline to deliver solutions at scale
- Experience with proposal and SOW creation, including estimating and team sizing.
- Nurturing and mentoring in-house talent to take up higher roles as needed.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team, and lead others.
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills.
- Understands and can articulate technical ideas to non-technical people.
At Deft, our culture and core values are important to us. As a diverse team of passionate pathfinders, we deliver on the promise of technology. If this sparks your interest, we'd love to chat with you!
- Make a difference for our clients daily
- Find a way forward
- Push to your potential
- Care, and show up for each other
Benefits: Paid PTO/Vacation time, RTA and CTA Transit Benefits, 401k with 4% employer match, free employee collocation and cloud account, a technology allowance with monthly payroll reimbursement, Life Insurance/Long Term Disability, Health Insurance with HRA, Vision Insurance, Dental Insurance, and a fun and casual work environment.
Deft is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Deft is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.