Technical Project Manager
Chicago, IL or Limited Remote (Please Reference List of Open States when Applying) /
Project Management /
At Deft, we are our clients’ most trusted advisor. You might recognize us by our prior name and legacy as ServerCentral Turing Group, but Deft reflects who we are and the capabilities we bring to our clients every day.
The Deft team humanizes technology. We actively listen to our clients, learning and collaborating to develop tailored proposals that perfectly fit their needs. Then we proceed to design, build, operate, secure, and scale unique technology solutions with a singular purpose: to deftly deliver on the promise of technology.
Deft is seeking an experienced Technical Project Manager (PM) to oversee all aspects of implementation projects. The PM will work with our Sales, Product, Operations, and Implementation teams to ensure excellence of service delivery and customer satisfaction throughout all phases of customer engagement.
This role requires experience in the ISP, telecom, hosting provider, cloud technologies, and software development industries, along with the ability to manage multiple tasks in parallel. PMP certification is a strong plus.
The ideal candidate must be comfortable in a fast-paced multi-tasked environment, with the ability to drive process, execute complex projects, ensure adherence to program strategy, collaborate with implementation and/or development teams across the company, and manage all aspects of customer relationships as it pertains to implementation.
Duties / Responsibilities:
- Proactive leadership and top-down oversight in both internal and client initiatives, projects, and client installations from concept through completion
- Develop project plans that align with client needs/requirements for each initiative to track milestones, deliverables, schedule, deadlines, change, resource allocation, and budget
- Ensure projects adhere to required standards of scope, requirements, deliverables, and timeline
- Coordinate project tasks to ensure successful solutions are implemented under the guidance of the management team
- Oversee necessary review of project(s) status; identify and communicate risks
- Manage client expectations and balance the needs of both Deft and our clients to ensure satisfaction for relevant parties
- Serve as an escalation point for pre-installation client support issues
- Develop, recommend, and implement necessary risk mitigation solutions
- Identify and anticipate the needs for additional project work by communicating with both clients and internal team members
- Coordinate and attend meetings related to projects; communicate between departments as required
- Coordinate with technology teams across the company and with clients to define and drive any technical changes required for projects
- Compile project status reports and provide updates to clients and management
- Collaborate with and where necessary, mentor other Project Managers
An excellent candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Experience in managing complex initiatives, including coordination of new implementations at data center facilities, managed services, application and infrastructure projects
- Bachelor's degree in information technology, engineering, or related field preferred
- 3+ years in a project management office or as a project manager for a company
- Microsoft Office Suite trained, experience in MS Project or Visio required
- Highly organized and detail-oriented, as the PM will be directing projects across multiple departments
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent flexibility and wits, ability to handle fast-paced technical office environment
- Ability to assist in organizing, running, and documenting complex meetings
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and to delegate as needed, with the leadership to inspire technical personnel throughout all stages of the project
- Experience working with client vision, business objectives, and critical success factors
- Experience working with techniques and approaches related to the architecture, development, integration, and deployment of project phases
- Strong creative, analytical, and problem-solving skills, with the ability to balance logic with creativity
- Skilled in estimating and common project management desktop tools
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and change
- Ability to manage large or multiple projects with changing priorities
At Deft, our culture and core values are important to us. As a diverse team of passionate pathfinders, we deliver on the promise of technology. If this sparks your interest, we'd love to chat with you!
- Make a difference for our clients daily
- Find a way forward
- Push to your potential
- Care, and show up for each other
Benefits: Paid PTO/Vacation time, RTA and CTA Transit Benefits, 401k with 4% employer match, free employee collocation and cloud account, a technology allowance with monthly payroll reimbursement, Life Insurance/Long Term Disability, Health Insurance with HRA, Vision Insurance, Dental Insurance, and a fun and casual work environment.
Deft is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Deft is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.