Technical Implementation Manager
Chicago, IL /
Project Management /
At Deft, we are our clients’ most trusted advisor. You might recognize us by our prior name and legacy as ServerCentral Turing Group, but Deft reflects who we are and the capabilities we bring to our clients every day.
The Deft team humanizes technology. We actively listen to our clients, learning and collaborating to develop tailored proposals that perfectly fit your company’s needs. We then design, build, operate, secure, and scale unique technology solutions with a singular purpose: to deftly deliver on the promise of technology for you and your customers.
All Deft products and services are provided via unparalleled facilities supported by teams of experts 24x7x365. Equal parts technology and people, Deft is truly unlike any other service provider. Here’s your chance to become a part of a truly unique organization.
Deft is seeking a Technical Implementation Manager to support a wide range of technical transformation initiatives. In this role, you will work with diverse, cross-functional assignment teams and our clientele to lead the planning, estimation, implementation, and delivery of projects. Our goal is to ensure the excellence of service delivery and customer satisfaction.
Each day you will provide a positive, proactive experience to our clients as the primary point of contact during the implementation process.
- Process sales orders encompassing our entire line of products and services into clear, executable instructions for all stakeholders involved in service delivery
- Collect information from internal departments and our clients to ensure a smooth project kickoff
- Evaluate existing installations for technical issues or project risk
- Coordinate with technology teams across the company and with clients to define and drive any technical changes required for implementations
- Direct complex installations of equipment, cabling, migration of existing equipment/data
- Accurately track and monitor projects for internal and client stakeholders' status reporting
- Document projects, products, services
- Inspect provisioned products for quality and accuracy
- Provide a consistent, polished hand-off for initiated and completed projects
- Collaborate with finance to ensure accurate and timely billing
- Participate in continuous evolution and improvement of implementation processes
- Collaborate with and where necessary, mentor other Implementation Managers
An excellent candidate will have the following qualifications:
- 3-5+ years of relevant experience
- 1+ year(s) of client-facing experience
- Proven track record of dependability and success in organizing and completing complex technology and infrastructure projects
- Ability to organize, store, and present data effectively to colleagues and clients
- Ability to conceptualize complex infrastructure design and perform feasibility review
- Excellent written and verbal interpersonal communication skills
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and willing to learn Visio
- Basic familiarity with project management tools
High Understanding of the following:
- Server hardware and operating systems (Windows Server, *nix)
- Data Center Installation (rack layout, power rating, power/data cabling, documentation)
- Network hardware, topology, configuration, cabling
- Hypervisors, Virtualization, Data Storage + Networking
- OSI reference model with emphasis on Layers 1-3 (VLANs, IP Addresses, Subnetting)
At Deft, our culture and core values are important to us. As a diverse team of passionate pathfinders, we deliver on the promise of technology. If this sparks your interest, we'd love to chat with you!
- Make a difference for our clients daily
- Find a way forward
- Push to your potential
- Care, and show up for each other
Benefits: Flexible Time Off, RTA and CTA Transit Benefits, 401k with 4% employer match, free employee collocation and cloud account, a technology allowance with monthly payroll reimbursement, Life Insurance/Long Term Disability, Health Insurance with HRA, Vision Insurance, Dental Insurance, and a fun and casual work environment.
Deft is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Deft is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
As part of this commitment, Deft will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided with reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact email@example.com..