Sales Development Representative
Chicago, IL or Limited Remote (Please Reference List of Open States when Applying) /
Revenue Operations /
At Deft, we are our clients’ most trusted advisor. You might recognize us by our prior name and legacy as ServerCentral Turing Group, but Deft reflects who we are and the capabilities we bring to our clients every day.
The Deft team humanizes technology. We actively listen to our clients, learning and collaborating to develop tailored proposals that perfectly fit their needs. Then we proceed to design, build, operate, secure, and scale unique technology solutions with a singular purpose: to deftly deliver on the promise of technology.
Deft is seeking a tenacious and dedicated Sales Development Representative (SDR) to join our team. This role will provide direct support to the sales team in the ongoing development of prospects and customers to meet our ambitious growth goals.
You will specialize in the management of inbound leads as well as the development of outbound leads through prospect qualification. This will involve selling across the Deft catalog to understand prospective customer’s business needs and address the value we can bring to them. Working with the Sales and Marketing teams you will reach targets through email, social platforms, telephone, and other channels as well as supporting events & campaigns.
Our ideal candidate has experience in customer service, is new to the industry, or has recently graduated from university. We are looking for someone who is enthusiastic, goal-minded, and ready to drive their own success!
- Outreach to prospective buyers and influencers inside existing & net new accounts
- Analysis of targets accounts aligned with marketing and sales campaigns
- Identification of decision makers, influencers, and stakeholders within target accounts
- Receive and address any inbound leads to convert into opportunities
- Learn and deliver presentations or responses describing Deft’s catalog
- Set meetings and data center tours that deliver qualified opportunities for Account Executives
- Bachelor's Degree in Sales, Marketing, Business, or a related field
- Customer-centric approach with willingness to collaborate across Deft functions
- Excellent selling, communication, and negotiation skills with the confidence to overcome objections and convert interest to qualified leads
- Able to effectively communicate over video, telephone, email, and face-to-face
- Ability to quickly understand complex concepts related to technology (cloud technologies, infrastructure, platforms, networking, etc.)
- Ability to quickly recognize and understand complex business objectives including innovation and digital transformation
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Previous experience (1-2 years) in sales or customer-facing position
- General understanding of technology vertical preferred (or eagerness and interest to learn)
- Usage of CRM software (Salesforce, Oracle, others)
- Adept at using LinkedIn and other, similar tools
- Demonstrated ability to convert prospects and leads into opportunities
- Experience in opportunity qualification, pre-call planning, account development
- Awareness of lead development and outbound calling techniques and strategies
At Deft, our culture and core values are important to us. As a diverse team of passionate pathfinders, we deliver on the promise of technology. If this sparks your interest, we'd love to chat with you!
- Make a difference for our clients daily
- Find a way forward
- Push to your potential
- Care, and show up for each other
Benefits: Paid PTO/Vacation time, RTA and CTA Transit Benefits, 401k with employer match, free employee colocation or cloud account, a technology allowance with monthly payroll reimbursement, Life Insurance/Long Term Disability, Health Insurance with HRA, Vision Insurance, Dental Insurance, and a fun and casual work environment.
Deft is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Deft is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.