Chicago, IL or Limited Remote (Please Reference List of Open States when Applying) /
At Deft, we are our clients’ most trusted advisor. You might recognize us by our prior name and legacy as ServerCentral Turing Group, but Deft reflects who we are and the capabilities we bring to our clients every day.
The Deft team humanizes technology. We actively listen to our clients, learning and collaborating to develop tailored proposals that perfectly fit their needs. Then we proceed to design, build, operate, secure, and scale unique technology solutions with a singular purpose: to deftly deliver on the promise of technology.
Come join an exciting team at a growing company! We are looking for a Sales Director to responsible for managing all the sales efforts of the sales department. They execute strategic plans, motivate their sales team to meet sales goals, and ensure the company provides exceptional customer service to existing and potential clients. This role reports directly to the Vice President of Sales and works with a team of experienced sales, account management, and solutions architecture professionals.
An ideal Sales Director candidate will possess a drive for the success of their team and the company, be an active manager who prioritizes training and coaching, understands and expects excellent sales fundamentals, and knows how to recruit and develop high-performance talent. The candidate selected for this position will be pivotal in guiding our team to attract and win new business, grow existing accounts, and continuously expand our sales capabilities and performance.
If you are creative and have a “Get to Yes” mentality, this role may be perfect for you.
- Lead a team of skilled sales professionals to predictably achieve sales targets
- Develop and extend the skills of the team through training, coaching, and demonstrating great sales fundamentals
- Coordinate and facilitate a regular cadence of sales meetings to communicate expectations, progress, and direction
- Drive and ensure new opportunity production
- Inspect and support opportunity advancement through sales stages promptly.
- Understand positioning and enable improved penetration in key accounts, produce and communicate accurately and timely forecasts to the business, and report on the performance of the sales organization to the team and management!
- Ability to work with extended teams to multiply our sales efforts and drive more leads/deals into the organization.
- Establish and maintain a network of highly skilled sales representative and sales management candidates
- Recruit, hire, and train top sales talent
- Foster a positive, ethical, and winning sales culture focused on client success and the success of the business
- Create tight, high-value alliances across departments including marketing, solutions engineering, provisioning, operations, finance, and legal.
- Translate organizational goals into business objectives and align the activities of the sales force to accomplish those objectives
- Ensure compliance with policies and procedures, and create a productive, professional work environment that enables sales success.
- Drive all communications and client contacts to be documented within SFDC so the company is aware of what we are doing within our account base.
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in customer-facing IT services sales and account management, 4 years in sales management, BA or BS required
- Proven success leading sales and account management teams and delivering on-target sales results
- Demonstrable training and coaching skills
- Strong understanding of business concepts, specifically the ability to demonstrate how to assess strategic and financial issues of a client or a deal and help sales representative expand their business acumen
- Demonstrate a deep understanding of a sales methodology, prospecting skills, sales process, value creation, territory management, and call planning
- Deep knowledge of how to gain widespread internal and customer support, strategic account planning, and experience conducting periodic business reviews
- Experience conducting win/loss analysis for representative coaching and structured feedback to marketing and product organizations
- An understanding of the markets and business value of colocation, managed services, cloud services, managed network services, IP transit, managed security services and solution areas like DRaaS, managed backup, load-balancing, firewalls, SAN, etc.
- Keen interest and established knowledge of cloud computing services and the competitive landscape, and well-developed point of view on important commercial issues
- Strength in handling difficult or critical conversations in a constructive, objective way
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal, most importantly for business communications
- Experience in a partner/alliance channel selling method and the ability to hold third parties accountable for their actions and deliverables.
- ServerCentral leadership candidates must demonstrate solid business judgement, possess high energy, energize others, and be able to deliver business outcomes
At Deft, our culture and core values are important to us. As a diverse team of passionate pathfinders, we deliver on the promise of technology. If this sparks your interest, we would love to chat with you!
- Make a difference for our clients daily
- Find a way forward.
- Push to your potential
- Care, and show up for each other
Benefits: Paid PTO/Vacation time, RTA and CTA Transit Benefits, 401k with employer match, free employee colocation and cloud account, a technology allowance with monthly payroll reimbursement, Life and AD&D Insurance/Short and Long Term Disability, Health Insurance with HRA, Vision Insurance, Dental Insurance, and a fun and casual work environment.
Deft is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Deft is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.