Database Escalation Engineer
Degreed exists to discover, empower and recognize the next generation of the world's expertise. The smartest, brightest, and most bold, the tenacious, willing, the unsung heroes, self-taught, the scrappy, driven, the passionate, daring, the unafraid. Experts.
We are looking for a database focused escalation engineer who is passionate about solving highly technical, challenging, and time sensitive client needs and issues.
- Work closely with the Client Experience and Solutions Engineering teams to understand client needs while maintaining a close relationship with the Product and Engineering teams to develop an in-depth understanding of the product and architecture
- Possess a deep knowledge of and stay up to date on all product features, configurations, APIs, integrations, jobs, and architecture of the Degreed platform
- Utilize your platform knowledge to investigate, troubleshoot, debug, and solve client’s most challenging and critical technical needs and issues
- Implement and troubleshoot stored procedures and views that work with relational and document databases
- Setup, maintain, and manage client and provider SSO configurations, FTP accounts, OAuth clients, and platform configurations including ETL and data extract processes
- Internally develop tools to enable other teams and departments to better support clients
- Develop scripts to automate troubleshooting using TSQL, PowerShell, Python, or other similar scripting languages
- Continually learn, grow professionally, contribute to an amazing team, and play a key role in fueling a massive change in learning and learning recognition
- Other duties as assigned
- Experience supporting a client’s most challenging technical needs and issues
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment of tackling new challenges and problems through investigation, critical thinking, troubleshooting, and debugging
- Possess strong collaboration, documentation, and communication skills, particularly in conveying technical concepts in a way that is easy for clients and non-technical people to understand
- In-depth knowledge and hands on experience with SQL Server, TSQL, SSO/SAML 2.0, OpenID Connect, OAuth, APIs, Elasticsearch, webhooks, CSV, JSON, and XML
- Proficient with browser dev tools, tracing tools, and searching and interpreting log files
- Highly personable and empathetic with excellent relationship management and customer service skills
- Solution driven with ability to understand the big picture
- Enthusiastic about learning new things and taking on new challenges
- Highly organized, detail oriented, and able to work autonomously with minimal direction
- Informed of data privacy standards and procedures and extraordinarily trustworthy and cautious handling client production data
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
See Degreed Jobs for more details on Degreed and why you should come work with us!