Key Account Director - DACH (German speaking)
Germany or Switzerland Based Remote /
Degreed is the upskilling platform that connects learning to opportunities. We integrate everything people use to learn and build their careers—skill insights, LMSs, courses, videos, articles, and projects—and match everyone to growth opportunities that fit their unique skills, roles, and goals.
We are currently hiring for a Key Account Director on our Sales team to support our largest enterprise accounts in EMEA. This role is responsible for bringing Degreed’s unique capabilities, best practices and digital transformation experience to meet our customer’s business objectives.
In this role, you will be cultivating close relationships with senior customer executives while developing a strong understanding of business needs. You will be accountable for driving adoption and usage of the Degreed platform and increasing revenues, stakeholder alignment and advising on change management to leverage our products and solutions.
This role will be based remotely in Germany or Switzerland. Applicants must have and provide Degreed (prior to commencing work) with his/her/their authorization to work in Germany or Switzerland.
- Work intensively with a select client portfolio to analyze needs and develop a strategy to reach client goals
- Meet or exceed growth targets and demonstrate progress against account plans/strategies
- Own and deliver account strategies to drive new sales and adoption of Degreed’s products and services
- Shape and communicate Value Narrative and escalate to C-Level and Board
- Develop existing and cultivate new client relationships to uncover new opportunities for Degreed
- Identify and recruit strong client advocates across all levels of the organisation
- Identify expansion opportunities to enhance client’s existing contract
- Strategically plan, track and report on key performance indicators
- Build strong internal cross-functional relationships ensuring a collaborative approach to key account management and driving growth across accounts
- Partner and collaborate across different departments within Degreed to quickly address client needs, namely Customer Success, Technical Consulting, Engagement, Content Services, Product, Engineering and Sales
- Develop and evolve account plans based on industry trends and customer analysis
- Understand & document client’s products/services, business strategies, priorities and goals
- An excellent track record in growing/managing existing accounts
- Minimum 8-10 years’ experience in client success and/or account management
- Experience leading or implementing programs related to performance management, skills and competency mapping, talent acquisition, career pathing, learning and development or other similar talent management domains
- Strong communication skills with the ability to examine, synthesize, and present data to various stakeholders (customers and partners)
- Exceptional written communication and presentation skills. Able to effectively articulate a unique value proposition that resonates with customer needs
- Strong business acumen and ability to influence senior and executive business leaders
- A successful track record of engagement with multiple customers and points of contact
- Experience of creating business cases for new launches and new commercial initiatives
- Track record of significantly growing Key accounts business year-over-year
- Familiar with global account management strategy and governance tools and processes
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
See Degreed Jobs for more details on Degreed and why you should come work with us!