Palo Alto, CA
Finance – Accounting /
Our mission is to cure cancer through high performance, accessible early cancer detection. That means saving lives.
Delfi Diagnostics is a Johns Hopkins spinoff focused on the non-invasive detection of cancer at earlier stages, when it is most curable. DELFI uses artificial intelligence and whole genome sequencing to detect unique patterns of DNA fragmentation in the blood of patients with cancer. These analyses are performed through simultaneous examination of millions of DNA sequences using machine learning to identify tumor-specific abnormalities.
In our passionate pursuit to radically improve health outcomes, we serve humanity when we:
Lead with Science, Anchor in Pragmatism: We pioneer life-changing science by ensuring quality, transparency, and rigor at all times. We explore thoughtfully, experiment smartly, and deliver impact with conviction.
Build With & For All: We embrace diverse backgrounds to innovate and achieve together. We are not just building a product - we aim to disrupt the path of cancer for all - no matter geography or socioeconomic class
Put We over I: We are a home for high-performing people. Through teamwork, we build collective intelligence. Each of us wins when those we serve and those who serve with us--win. We show up with empathy, humility, and integrity at every step of the journey.
Reporting to the Corporate Controller, the Accounting Manager is a key contributor in managing accounting operations and in preparation of other ad hoc analysis as needed. This position will be responsible for oversight of general accounting, payroll or accounts payable related tasks, and will work with cross-functional teams, support projects, and implement process improvements in a fast-paced environment.
Note: This position is a hybrid opportunity, working onsite at either our Palo Alto, CA or Baltimore, MD locations 1 -2 days a week, with the flexibility to work remotely the remainder of your time.
What you'll do
- Support and adhere to a monthly close schedule by preparing accurate journal entries and completing reconciliation and analyses for various accounts timely
- Prepare monthly management financial packages (with analysis) and other management reports as requested (this includes understanding and clearly articulating the financial results of the company and preparing balance sheet, income statement fluctuation)
- Prepare, review and process payroll transactions
- Improve financial and operational processes through process redesign, procedures development, and reporting enhancements
- Oversee day-to-day accounting operations including billing, payroll, etc.
- Play a key role in driving the development and optimization of the systems related to the accounting and finance function
- Coordinate with external auditors and provide required audit support
- Prepare and support tax PBC requests in various areas (including federal, state and tax provision for audit requirements)
- Work with cross-functional teams across the company to ensure proper support for the business unit
- Work on ad-hoc requests as needed and directed by leadership
What you'll bring to DELFI
- 7+ years of experience in accounting, with track record of growing responsibilities
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or related area
- Strong understanding of US GAAP and technical accounting background
- Proven analytical and project management skills
- Team player who can work/interact with various departments and levels on a daily basis, including senior leadership
- Excellent analytic, written, verbal and organizational skills with a proven ability to manage conflicting priorities to deliver a high-quality work product
- Highly self-motivated individual who is disciplined, detail-oriented, and works well under pressure in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
- Experience with NetSuite
- Experience with ADP Workforce Now
- Advanced Excel and Google Suite of products (Sheets, Docs, Slides) is a plus
- Experience in Diagnostic or Life Science industries
- Experience with clinical trial accounting
Delfi’s Covid-19 Vaccination Mandate: Delfi Diagnostics requires that all employees be fully vaccinated for Covid-19. Proof of vaccination or sincerely held religious belief and/or medical exemption is required upon hire. Delfi Diagnostics will engage in an interactive dialogue process with employees who have documented medical conditions and/or sincerely held religious beliefs that would prevent them from getting vaccinated, in accordance with all applicable laws.
An equal opportunity employer
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.