Director, Clinical Statistics
Clinical Development – Clinical Development /
Our mission is to cure cancer through high performance, accessible early cancer detection. That means saving lives.
Delfi Diagnostics is a Johns Hopkins spinoff focused on the non-invasive detection of cancer at earlier stages, when it is most curable. DELFI uses artificial intelligence and whole genome sequencing to detect unique patterns of DNA fragmentation in the blood of patients with cancer. These analyses are performed through simultaneous examination of millions of DNA sequences using machine learning to identify tumor-specific abnormalities.
In our passionate pursuit to radically improve health outcomes, we serve humanity when we:
Lead with Science, Anchor in Pragmatism: We pioneer life-changing science by ensuring quality, transparency, and rigor at all times. We explore thoughtfully, experiment smartly, and deliver impact with conviction.
Build With & For All: We embrace diverse backgrounds to innovate and achieve together. We are not just building a product - we aim to disrupt the path of cancer for all - no matter geography or socioeconomic class
Put We over I: We are a home for high-performing people. Through teamwork, we build collective intelligence. Each of us wins when those we serve and those who serve with us--win. We show up with empathy, humility, and integrity at every step of the journey.
The Director, Clinical Statistics is responsible for providing statistical expertise and managing the Clinical Statistics and Clinical Data Science teams. The Director will give general direction to and review of managers and individual contributors and participate in corporate development of methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for projects, programs and people.
What you’ll do
- Provide strategic input for and is a key contributor to Delfi product development
- Owns and provides statistical leadership in support of clinical studies specifically around study design, statistical analysis plans, study reports, presentations, publications and regulatory filings
- Work on extremely complex issues that require exercising independent judgment and developing/adapting methodology
- Operates as an expert strategic people and thought leader within the organization and provides direction and guidance to directors and group leaders
- Represent Clinical Statistics function and collaborates with internal and external thought leaders in the design, analysis, interpretation, and publication of clinical, medical affairs, and RWE studies
- Works on and influences solutions for abstract problems across functional areas of the business
- Directs and controls the activities of one or more groups through managers with overall responsibility for the direction of those assigned areas
What you’ll accomplish in the first 12 months
- Oversee statistical activities in support of clinical development and post-marketing activities
- Serve as statistical reviewer and advisor on key study related documents
- Collaborate with cross-functional groups in support of clinical development and medical affairs strategy
- Serve as statistical representative in external meetings with stakeholders and KOLs
- Mentor more junior members of the clinical statistics team
What you’ll bring to DELFI
- PhD in statistics, biostatistics, mathematics, data science or related field with 5+ years experience or MS with 8+ years experience in molecular diagnostics or pharma
- 4+ years experience in a programming language like R, Python, SQL, or similar
- Knowledge of GCPs, ICH, and regulatory requirements
- Demonstrated cross-functional collaboration while ensuring data quality and commitment to analysis reproducibility
- Track record of managing statisticians and data scientists
- Flexible attitude to adjust to changing needs
An equal opportunity employer
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.