Finance – Finance /
Our mission is to cure cancer through high performance, accessible early cancer detection. That means saving lives.
Delfi Diagnostics is a Johns Hopkins spinoff focused on the non-invasive detection of cancer at earlier stages, when it is most curable. DELFI uses artificial intelligence and whole genome sequencing to detect unique patterns of DNA fragmentation in the blood of patients with cancer. These analyses are performed through simultaneous examination of millions of DNA sequences using machine learning to identify tumor-specific abnormalities.
In our passionate pursuit to radically improve health outcomes, we serve humanity when we:
Lead with Science, Anchor in Pragmatism: We pioneer life-changing science by ensuring quality, transparency, and rigor at all times. We explore thoughtfully, experiment smartly, and deliver impact with conviction.
Build With & For All: We embrace diverse backgrounds to innovate and achieve together. We are not just building a product - we aim to disrupt the path of cancer for all - no matter geography or socioeconomic class
Put We over I: We are a home for high-performing people. Through teamwork, we build collective intelligence. Each of us wins when those we serve and those who serve with us--win. We show up with empathy, humility, and integrity at every step of the journey.
At the heart of every successful executive team is an exceptional executive admin person. DELFI is currently looking for an Executive Admin to support three members of our executive team, including our CMO and CFO. This role will act as an extension of the executive team who will serve as the initial voice, gatekeeper, planner, and problem solver. The Executive Admin will support an innovative and thoughtful organization, there is a wealth of knowledge, learning, and development opportunities for this position.
What you’ll do
- Travel planning and expenses (hotels, flights, calendar logistics)
- Maintain executives’ calendar by planning and scheduling internal and external meetings, interviews, conferences, and teleconferences.
- Take detailed, thoughtful notes at meetings when required
- Create centralized logs and organized records that are easily accessible for review
- You will utilize collaboration tools and technologies to help the Executive in managing tactical tasks. You will also help in processing and monitoring data, as well as taking the initiative to forward relevant information that may provide insights that help in planning and strategies.
- Develop a deep understanding of Delfi’s organization/structure in order to communicate meaningfully with strategic context.
- Interface frequently with executives to understand their priorities and needs and support executive
- Collaborate with other executive assistants and People team on general company calendar and culture
- Support building Delfi’s culture through organizing virtual or in-person, in-office or offsite team meetings (Calendar, logistics, ensure AV, agendas)
- Support office environment management, including employment engagement, refreshments, reception area, point of contact for multiple vendors within the office (e.g., FedEx, UPS,Amazon), etc
- You will be a voice for internal and external conversations. You will naturally think quickly with a high level of discretion. Keenly aware that you represent the company, you always communicate with finesse, approaching verbal and written work interactions with positivity.
- Projects for company culture initiatives, conferences, process improvement etc...
What you’ll have accomplished 12 months from now
- Built strong bonds with the leaders you support and employees at large. You have also become the go-to professional for your executives
- Execute on scheduling, process improvement, culture initiatives, and general administrative support of the DELFI community.
- Applied strategic thinking to increase organization, efficiency and communication for your executives.
- You feel supported in your work and organizing skills have become an integral part of the communication and planning efficiency, you feel as important as the individuals and team that you help.
What you’ll bring to DELFI
- At least eight years of executive administrative experience supporting Vice Presidents and above, event planning, office management
- Proven track record in supporting executive-level events, and schedules, and establishing strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- High level of initiative and problem solving with excellent prioritization, time management, and organization skills
- Strong attention to detail
- You are quick to learn and quick to execute - you can take directions and work independently. You have flawless written and oral communication skills and you are keen on maintaining confidentiality
- In-depth experience with Zoom, Microsoft Office, Google Suite, Docusign, and Dropbox
- Previous experience working at a start up organization or in the biotech/pharma/med device space
An equal opportunity employer
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.