Research Data Coordinator
Baltimore, MD /
Genomic Science – Genomic Science /
Our mission is to cure cancer through high performance, accessible early cancer detection. That means saving lives.
Delfi Diagnostics is a Johns Hopkins spinoff focused on the non-invasive detection of cancer at earlier stages, when it is most curable. DELFI uses artificial intelligence and whole genome sequencing to detect unique patterns of DNA fragmentation in the blood of patients with cancer. These analyses are performed through simultaneous examination of millions of DNA sequences using machine learning to identify tumor-specific abnormalities.
In our passionate pursuit to radically improve health outcomes, we serve humanity when we:
Lead with Science, Anchor in Pragmatism: We pioneer life-changing science by ensuring quality, transparency, and rigor at all times. We explore thoughtfully, experiment smartly, and deliver impact with conviction.
Build With & For All: We embrace diverse backgrounds to innovate and achieve together. We are not just building a product - we aim to disrupt the path of cancer for all - no matter geography or socioeconomic class
Put We over I: We are a home for high-performing people. Through teamwork, we build collective intelligence. Each of us wins when those we serve and those who serve with us--win. We show up with empathy, humility, and integrity at every step of the journey.
In this role, you will coordinate the collection and receipt of clinical data and samples for Delfi’s early-development studies. You will work closely with Medical Affairs, statisticians, laboratory scientists, and external research collaborators to identify and collect critical data for analyses, manage data transfers, and reconcile clinical and sample data to support genomic and clinical analyses.
What you'll do
- Design data collection research forms suitable for both clinical and genomic-driven analyses
- Perform data compilation in accordance with Delfi's guidelines and standards
- Organize early-development research metadata and taxonomy
- Manage data transfers, lock/unlock process, and study database archiving
- Review reports on the life-cycle of study biospecimens from collection to shipping, processing, storage, and analysis
- Work in cross-functional teams communicating on a regular basis with medical, statisticians, lab scientists, and external research collaborators
- Author and maintain study documents in compliance with SOPs and guidelines
- Maintain the integrity of data that contains sensitive information
What you'll have accomplished 12 months from now
- You will have supported the product-driven pipeline of early-development research studies
- You will have collaborated to improve data management processes needed to set the foundation for future research projects
- You will have facilitated and supported the achievement of key corporate goals
What you'll bring to DELFI
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education/experience in science or health-related discipline
- Excellent organizational, written, and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a cross-functional team
- Cross-functional leadership as it relates to integrating data and processes across the company
- Demonstrated ability to achieve goalsFlexible attitude to adjust to changing needs
- 3+ years of research data management experience in biotech, pharmaceutical, or from a medical device/diagnostic company
- Experience with oncology, tumor biology, and/or circulating biomarker studies (i.e., ctDNA)
An equal opportunity employer
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.