Senior/Staff Clinical Statistician
Clinical Development – Clinical Development /
Our mission is to cure cancer through high performance, accessible early cancer detection. That means saving lives.
Delfi Diagnostics is a Johns Hopkins spinoff focused on the non-invasive detection of cancer at earlier stages, when it is most curable. DELFI uses artificial intelligence and whole genome sequencing to detect unique patterns of DNA fragmentation in the blood of patients with cancer. These analyses are performed through simultaneous examination of millions of DNA sequences using machine learning to identify tumor-specific abnormalities.
In our passionate pursuit to radically improve health outcomes, we serve humanity when we:
Lead with Science, Anchor in Pragmatism: We pioneer life-changing science by ensuring quality, transparency, and rigor at all times. We explore thoughtfully, experiment smartly, and deliver impact with conviction.
Build With & For All: We embrace diverse backgrounds to innovate and achieve together. We are not just building a product - we aim to disrupt the path of cancer for all - no matter geography or socioeconomic class
Put We over I: We are a home for high-performing people. Through teamwork, we build collective intelligence. Each of us wins when those we serve and those who serve with us--win. We show up with empathy, humility, and integrity at every step of the journey.
The Senior/Staff Clinical Statistician provides statistical expertise and leadership for the execution of clinical trials. The ideal candidate will partner with key internal and external stakeholders to design, analyze, and interpret clinical studies in support of Delfi’s product development and pharmaceutical partnerships. This role will also lead statistical efforts on data analysis and reporting required for preparing regulatory filings and scientific publications for product approvals and on-market support.
What you’ll do
- Provide strategic input for and serve as a key contributor to product development
- Provide statistical leadership in support of clinical studies, specifically around study design, statistical analysis plans, statistical analysis, study reports, presentations, publications and regulatory filings
- Represent Biostatistics function and collaborate with internal and external thought leaders in the design, analysis, interpretation, and publication of clinical and analytical studies
- Work on extremely complex issues that require exercising independent judgment and developing/adapting methodology
- Stay abreast of industry and academic developments in Statistical Genomics and Cancer Screening/Epidemiology
What you'll have accomplished 12 months from now
- Contributed to prospective and retrospective study designs and analyses
- Participated in data quality and harmonization efforts for studies involving data from many sources
- Provided strategic guidance on product verification and validation efforts
What you’ll bring to DELFI
- Minimum requirement is a PhD with 2 years or MS with 5 years experience
- Strong cross-functional collaboration skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical audiences
- Great documentation practices
- Desire to learn about cancer genetics and early detection
- Experience working with in vitro diagnostic device development
- Practical experience coding statistical analyses in R or Python as well as familiarity with version control and code collaboration in GitHub
- An understanding of the principles of regulated product design and development, such as Good Clinical Practices and Design Control
- Familiarity with cloud-based computing, such as AWS or Google Cloud Platform
Delfi’s Covid-19 Vaccination Mandate: Delfi Diagnostics requires that all employees be fully vaccinated for Covid-19. Proof of vaccination or sincerely held religious belief and/or medical exemption is required upon hire. Delfi Diagnostics will engage in an interactive dialogue process with employees who have documented medical conditions and/or sincerely held religious beliefs that would prevent them from getting vaccinated, in accordance with all applicable laws.
An equal opportunity employer
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.