Clinical Laboratory Associate, Contractor
Palo Alto, CA /
Lab Operations – Lab Operations /
Our mission is to cure cancer through high performance, accessible early cancer detection. That means saving lives.
Delfi Diagnostics is a Johns Hopkins spinoff focused on the non-invasive detection of cancer at earlier stages, when it is most curable. DELFI uses artificial intelligence and whole genome sequencing to detect unique patterns of DNA fragmentation in the blood of patients with cancer. These analyses are performed through simultaneous examination of millions of DNA sequences using machine learning to identify tumor-specific abnormalities.
In our passionate pursuit to radically improve health outcomes, we serve humanity when we:
Lead with Science, Anchor in Pragmatism: We pioneer life-changing science by ensuring quality, transparency, and rigor at all times. We explore thoughtfully, experiment smartly, and deliver impact with conviction.
Build With & For All: We embrace diverse backgrounds to innovate and achieve together. We are not just building a product - we aim to disrupt the path of cancer for all - no matter geography or socioeconomic class
Put We over I: We are a home for high-performing people. Through teamwork, we build collective intelligence. Each of us wins when those we serve and those who serve with us--win. We show up with empathy, humility, and integrity at every step of the journey.
In this role, you will be responsible for the pre-analytical phase of testing (e.g., specimen receipt, accessioning, and plasma/buffy coat isolation) and assisting with general laboratory operations, such as equipment maintenance, labware cleaning, and reagent manufacturing.
What you’ll do
- Perform pre-analytical phase procedures according to the laboratory’s standard operating procedures.
- Operate, maintain, and assist in troubleshooting equipment according to the laboratory’s standard operating procedures.
- Clean labware, equipment, and benches.
- Participate in inventory, stocking, and general organization in the laboratory.
What you’ll bring to DELFI
- Associate degree or equivalent in Biological Sciences or related field
- BS in Biomedical Laboratory Sciences, Clinical Science, or equivalent
- 1+ years of Clinical Laboratory experience or equivalent high complexity and volume laboratory experience
- Laboratory experience within the last year
- Experience with general laboratory equipment
- Working knowledge of local, state, and federal laboratory regulations
Employee may be required to lift routine laboratory supplies and use laboratory equipment. A majority of the work is performed in a laboratory environment and there may be exposure to high noise levels, fumes, and biohazard material in. Ability to sit and/or for extended periods of time.
Delfi’s Covid-19 Vaccination Mandate: Delfi Diagnostics requires that all employees be fully vaccinated for Covid-19. Proof of vaccination or sincerely held religious belief and/or medical exemption is required upon hire. Delfi Diagnostics will engage in an interactive dialogue process with employees who have documented medical conditions and/or sincerely held religious beliefs that would prevent them from getting vaccinated, in accordance with all applicable laws.
An equal opportunity employer
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.