Inside Sales Representative II
New York, NY /
Who We Are:
We are on a mission to make food deliveries better. Relay is a technology company that is empowering restaurants to take back ownership of their customers and provide an elevated courier service, and, in turn, provides couriers with industry leading pay and flexibility. Relay's proprietary logistics engine is changing how local economies operate and how goods criss-cross through your city. Relay's goal is to bring efficiencies of scale to delivery and push down the cost of delivery for merchants and customers while simultaneously providing a top tier courier experience.
We are based in NYC and currently operate in NYC, NJ, Philadelphia, Miami, Chicago, and Washington DC. We fulfill millions of deliveries a year using our distributed network of couriers. Additionally, our software provides a unified management system for orders across all delivery platforms and a scalable courier force to ensure on-time delivery no matter the circumstance.
Our office is located in Chelsea/Flatiron.
About the position:
The Inside Sales Representative role is a full-time sales position based in New York, NY. While you will be based in NYC, your leads will be coming in across our market presences and will not be limited to NYC based clients. You will sell online ordering and marketing solutions remotely, with full access to your designated market. We’ll provide you with the right tools and on-going training while you grow our restaurant network and grow your career.
The base salary for this role is $55 - 60k, and the OTE is $80-85k.
As an Inside Sales Representative, You Will:
- Execute a buyer centric sales process. This is about solving real problems, not just pitching
- Become a world-class social seller and subject matter expert within the restaurant delivery industry
- Meet and exceed a fair quota for new restaurant accounts
- Prospect for potential restaurant partners through Internet research, social media, cold calling, “cold walk in’s”, and real world networking
- Connect with restaurant owners online, on the phone and in person. Owners are tough to catch so you’ll have to be creative and persistent
- Demo Relay as a solution to a restaurant owner’s problems & negotiate agreements.
You Should Apply If:
- You’re an experienced, hungry sales professional with 1+ years of experience as an SDR, BDR, or Jr. Sales Rep
- You enjoy the entire sales process (prospecting, qualifying, positioning, closing, and supporting client onboarding)
- You’re genuinely curious about people, local restaurants, and food trends. You enjoy building lasting relationships that enable you to build a book of business where referrals are the norm
- You practice as hard as you play. You’re a market expert, you know your competitors, you’re up to date on the latest trends, you’re coachable, and you’re willing to put in the time to master your craft to understand how your buyer makes decisions
We're Excited About You Because:
- You have 1+ years of experience working in a high volume inside sales environment
- You have experience in Small - Medium (SMB) business to business sales
- You have managed a full sales cycle or have experiences to allow for a quick ramp up, and have been in a closing or lead generation sales role
- You are genuinely curious about people, local businesses, and technology
- You have a dynamic personality with a customer-focused mindset
- You are creative, persistent and passionate about sales
- You can navigate sales and internal tools quickly (Hubspot, Outreach, Sales Navigator, Google Apps)
What we offer
- 💸 Competitive base compensation
- ✈️ Unlimited vacation that we encourage you to take
- 🩹 Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance plans
- 🖥️ All new laptops and IT equipment
- 📈 Compelling employee equity packages plus life insurance and a 401k plan with company matching
- 👋 A hybrid office model for NYC employees with a lively and lighthearted office environment in Flatiron
$55 - $60 a year
Factoring in commission, the OTE for this role is expected to be between $80 - 85k.
Relay is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity through attracting and retaining a diverse team of employees and creating an inclusive environment for all. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.