Tax Managers / Associate Director
Queenstown, NZ /
Tax & BA – Tax /
- Join a fantastic close knit team
- Enjoy flexible and practical benefits that foster a culture of well-being
**Please note that you must have legal NZ work rights and be based in NZ to be considered for this role**
We are looking for Tax Managers and Associate Directors to grow our successful Queenstown based team.
You will advise a wide variety of clients including some of New Zealand and Queenstown’s largest businesses, high net worth individuals and their interests, and exciting growth companies. As part of the role you will work on some of the most stimulating tax issues and in the process further develop both your technical and management skills in a supportive, highly skilled and widely respected team. You will be passionate about making a positive impact for our clients, for yourself, and for the wider team. The role offers a unique opportunity to work on the full range of quality clients and tax issues offered by Deloitte while enjoying the lifestyle benefits of living in the Queenstown area.
What will your typical day look like:
· Providing high quality tax advice to clients on a range of tax issues by using the appropriate research techniques and skills.
· Applying knowledge of current and pending tax legislation and understanding interaction across global tax functions, specifically in your areas of expertise.
· Helping clients mitigate risk, meet compliance obligations and statutory deadlines, and realise business goals.
· Acting as a role model and recognizing others for the impact they make.
· Developing high-performing people and teams through interesting and meaningful opportunities.
· Influencing clients and the team positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with senior people.
· Improving work efficiency, effectiveness and client service by using common technology tools.
Enough about us, let’s talk about you? You will have:
· Minimum of 3 years work experience in a professional services or corporate tax environment
· A professional qualification in law or accounting
· A strong understanding of end to end tax processes & the NZ tax environment
· Excellent team player and proven organisational and communications skills.
· An energetic and proactive attitude
· Results focused & client oriented
Sound like the sort of role for you? Apply now.
Deloitte is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and we are committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. Knowing that people work best in different ways, we are happy to discuss alternative arrangements if the working pattern you are looking for is not specifically indicated. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of application to assist you through the recruitment process.
Studies have shown that women and people from under-represented backgrounds are less likely to apply for roles where they do not match the job description criteria exactly. If you're excited about this role and think you have what it takes, but your experience doesn't align 100%, we still want to hear from you and would encourage to apply.
We understand there have been cases of phishing emails purporting to be recruiters for Deloitte. Any communication from Deloitte New Zealand regarding an employment application will come from a “@deloitte.co.nz” or from our Applicant Tracking System “@hire.lever.co” email address or our video interview platform deloittenz.hirevue.com. If you have received a suspicious email and would like to verify validity of any communications that appear to be from Deloitte New Zealand, please contact us on NZinfo@deloitte.co.nz