Assurance and Advisory Manager- Make an Impact
Auckland, NZ /
Audit and Assurance – Audit /
Make an impact – Join us as an “Assurance & Advisory Manager”
Hono mai kia eke ki te taumata teitei ka taea.
We have strong shared values and the power of purpose to make a real difference.
· Join a globally recognised leader in Professional Services and employer of choice for Graduates and Professionals
· Connect with amazing, intelligent and high-performing people that will enable you to explore leading practice recruitment solutions
· We offer training, coaching and career development opportunities tailored to you
Who are Deloitte?
We are driven to create an impact that matters at every opportunity.
Over our 175-year history, we have built a reputation for impactful delivery across audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, tax, and technology services. Supported by a strong leadership team, and member firms from over 150 countries across the globe, Deloitte New Zealand is in the business of solving complex problems. Innovation is the oxygen that powers us, enabling us to embrace the unknown, the chaos, the mayhem, because we know this is where the magic can happen.
Destination New Zealand – Auckland
Auckland is situated between two harbours and is often referred to as the “City of Sails” due to the abundance of watersports and access to beaches and the sea. Because of its unique geographic position living here means you can enjoy the benefits of a large city with a wide variety of cafés, restaurants and bars, excellent theatres, galleries and museums and shopping and still be close to splendid beaches and nature walks.
Our workplace and culture
Our purpose is to make an impact that matters. We are driven by our desire to create positive outcomes for our clients, communities, and people. Everything we do is with intent - the intent to make a meaningful difference.
Our shared values are at the heart of everything we do. Living these values, which include ‘taking care of each other’ and ‘fostering inclusion’, is essential to ensuring everyone feels included at work and able to reach their full potential.
For us to succeed and thrive as an organisation, we understand the importance of creating a culture where diverse perspectives matter and where everyone is given an equal opportunity to grow and develop.
Our Auckland team are looking for Assurance & Advisory Field Managers with at least four years practical experience in providing audit and assurance services in a Chartered Accounting environment. We anticipate candidates will either have a professional qualification (i.e. CA or equivalent) or will be working towards this.
We provide a full range of services to our predominantly corporate, private, and public sector market throughout wider New Zealand. We will provide you with the opportunity to work alongside a number of the region's largest and most successful businesses and enterprises. You will gain exposure to a wide range of industries and have opportunities to contribute to projects on a national basis.
Your typical day will include:
- Work to maintain up-to-date technical knowledge related to regulatory/ statutory requirements and compliance.
- Assist with preparation of business reports and management letters for clients highlighting recommendations related to key issues.
Enough about us, let’s talk about you. You are someone with:
- 4+ years management experience (ideally from the Big 4)
- CA (or equivalent) qualified, or working towards a qualification.
- Demonstrated ability with IFRS and the International / NZ accounting standards environment.
- Demonstrated ability with US GAAP and/or PCAOB.
- Very strong analytical and numerical skills combined with sound excel skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong project management skills.
- Proven ability to lead audit teams and work effectively in a team environment.
- Well-developed research and problem solving skills.
- Experience in EMS is preferred
You'll develop skills in:
- Presenting findings and recommending/implementing advice
- Reviewing written advice, reports, memoranda and/or other relevant deliverables
- Analytical thinking and problem solving; making recommendations that shape or support the client’s business strategy
- Understanding of audit and risk advisory issues and stakeholder needs to address complex problems
- Positively influencing clients, teams, and individuals positively by building relationships and communicating effectively.
- Delivering exceptional client service; maximising results while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders.
We hold a simple belief – that our people’s hard work should be recognised and rewarded beyond their remuneration.
We have reimagined what ‘work’ looks like and how we can empower all our people to create a work experience that is distinct to their needs. Founded on concepts of trust, balance, wellbeing and the importance of personal connection, this is the Deloitte Experience.
. You will be rewarded with a competitive salary (from $105,000 to $110,000 p.a. dependent on experience)
· Flexible work arrangements – work in a way that suits you best
· Subsidised professional qualifications and paid professional memberships
· Subsidised Health Insurance
· Income protection insurance
· 22 days annual leave
· Social events, social sports teams and monthly Firm drinks
· A focus on wellness and well-being
· Community focussed volunteer days
· A focus on the environment and sustainability
· Plus much more
Does this sound exactly like the sort of role and organisation for you? Then apply now! We’d love to hear from you.
The Deloitte Talent Acquisition Team
Deloitte is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and we are committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. Knowing that people work best in different ways, we are happy to discuss alternative arrangements if the working pattern you are looking for is not specifically indicated. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of application to assist you through the recruitment process.
Studies have shown that women and people from under-represented backgrounds are less likely to apply for roles where they do not match the job description criteria exactly. If you're excited about this role and think you have what it takes, but your experience doesn't align 100%, we still want to hear from you and would encourage to apply.
We understand there have been cases of phishing emails purporting to be recruiters for Deloitte. Any communication from Deloitte New Zealand regarding an employment application will come from a “@deloitte.co.nz” or from our Applicant Tracking System “@hire.lever.co” email address or our video interview platform deloittenz.hirevue.com. If you have received a suspicious email and would like to verify validity of any communications that appear to be from Deloitte New Zealand, please contact us on NZinfo@deloitte.co.nz