2023/2024 Intern | Assurance & Advisory | Accounting & Reporting Advisory | Auckland
Auckland, NZ /
Audit and Assurance – Accounting & Reporting Advisory /
- Join a newly created collaborative and innovative team who are always looking to make an impact that matters
- Variety! Get exposure to a wide range of clients across different industries
- Have a buddy and career coach to give you feedback, support, and advice.
- Be supported in your journey becoming a qualified chartered accountant with CAANZ (Chartered Accountants in Australia and New Zealand)!
Accounting and Reporting Advisory (ARA) is a newly created team combining passionate people from Audit Advisory and Business Advisory who excel in providing a broad range of advisory services to businesses. Our goal is to solve complex problems and remove stress from our customers. We work across a wide range of industries and organisations, from large listed corporate entities to start-ups, large public sector entities and even charities.
We have a very diverse team with a wide range of backgrounds and specialities with strengths in the technical accounting, sustainability and financial system areas.
What will you get to do?
In your Internship you will be building your core skills through top class training and mentor support that will set you up for a successful future career at Deloitte (or in industry):
· Work closely with clients and colleagues to prepare NZ IFRS financial statements and tax returns and assist with advisory services
· Connect and collaborate with other teams within Deloitte such as Tax, Business Advisory and Audit & Assurance
· Gain exposure to a variety of financial tools and technologies (including Xero and Workiva) whilst perfecting your Excel and reporting skills
As you grow within our team, the opportunities and pathways are endless. A few examples of the projects you could be involved with include:
· Initial Public Offering (IPO) readiness, merger, and acquisition support
· Improving a finance function through more efficient processes and leveraging technology
· Analysing a complex lease contract and determining the correct accounting treatment
· Assisting with implementing a new software product to streamline month end
· Help businesses measure and report on their sustainability initiatives
· Working directly within a customer’s finance team on a special project or to bridge a short-term vacancy and plenty of other fantastic experiences.
Enough about us, let’s talk about you.
- You have a sharp and analytical mind. You are inquisitive, meticulous, and ambitious.
- Majoring in Accounting or studying a degree that makes you eligible for the Chartered Accountants Program
- A strong communicator who possesses the skills needed to build relationships both in your team and with senior members of our customers.
- Adaptable and driven – you understand what it is like to overcome obstacles through innovative solutions and an out-of-the-box mindset
- Great interpersonal skills and thrive in collaborative environments
- Self-awareness and good emotional intelligence to navigate between clients with competing priorities
Sound like the sort of role for you? Apply now!
Remember you will need your CV, covering letter and academic transcript. Please only apply once, multiple applications will not be considered. You must be legally entitled to live and work in New Zealand from the time of application to be considered.
Please be aware, if a particular opportunity becomes oversubscribed, we will close it for applications before the stated deadline. We recommend you submit your full application as early as possible.
Deloitte is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and we are committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. Knowing that people work best in different ways, we are happy to discuss alternative arrangements if the working pattern you are looking for is not specifically indicated. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of application to assist you through the recruitment process.
Studies have shown that women and people from under-represented backgrounds are less likely to apply for roles where they do not match the job description criteria exactly. If you're excited about this role and think you have what it takes, but your experience doesn't align 100%, we still want to hear from you and would encourage to apply.
We understand there have been cases of phishing emails purporting to be recruiters for Deloitte. Any communication from Deloitte New Zealand regarding an employment application will come from a “@deloitte.co.nz” or from our Applicant Tracking System “@hire.lever.co” email address or our video interview platform deloittenz.hirevue.com. If you have received a suspicious email and would like to verify validity of any communications that appear to be from Deloitte New Zealand, please contact us on NZinfo@deloitte.co.nz