M&A Tax Consultant/ Senior Consultant
Auckland, NZ /
Tax – Tax /
Deloitte New Zealand will be enjoying an extended break this holiday season and will be out of office from Friday 24th December and returning Monday 17th January. Please expect a delay in our response to your application over this time
-Join our award winning tax team
-Varied role with a supportive, fun and dynamic team
-Training and development tailored to you and your career goals
Deloitte New Zealand is proud to be part of Deloitte Asia Pacific to succeed in becoming the undisputed leader in professional services to really make an impact that matters. We work with clients ranging from New Zealand’s largest companies to smaller businesses with ambition to grow.
Our People and Culture make this a great place to work. Each of us is unique and valued for that, among the best and brightest in the business, and takes pride in our own achievements and the success of others. The culture is about inclusion, collaboration, high performance, and opportunity.
All this translates into the best environment in which to drive your career forward.
Deloitte New Zealand's tax team is widely regarded as experts and leaders in their field. We are looking for Consultants or Senior Tax Consultants to join our Auckland based M&A Tax Team. You will be a tax professional wanting to take the next step in your career with a leading brand.
As part of the M&A tax team, you will enjoy and thrive to make an impact that matters; setting the direction to deliver exceptional client service. You will demonstrate strong core technical skills, with the opportunity to make a real contribution to the growth of our successful Auckland team.
During your tenure as a Consultant / Senior Tax Consultant, you will be involved in a number of transaction and M&A projects and be responsible for working on and managing a portfolio of clients. You will develop effective business relationships with clients, deliver outstanding tax advice, exceed our client’s expectations and partner with their businesses to grow.
You will demonstrate and develop your capabilities in the following areas:
- Delivering exceptional client service; maximising results and driving high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders.
- Advising on a wide range of matters across the M&A lifecycle (sellside & buyside), whilst understanding the implications of expansion, acquisition and reorganization in local contexts.
- Influencing clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with senior people.
- Applying knowledge of current and pending tax legislations and understanding interaction across global tax functions, specifically in your areas of expertise.
- Fact based decision making by using the appropriate research techniques and skills.
- Improving work efficiency, effectiveness and client service by using common technology tools.
- Helping clients mitigate risk, meet compliance obligations and statutory deadlines, and realize business goals.
- Assisting clients in the resolution of tax disputes.
- At least 1+ years’ work experience in a tax environment (either in house or professional services).
- A professional qualification in law and/or accounting.
- A strong understanding of end to end tax processes and core tax technical skillset.
- Excellent team player and communication skills.
- Results driven & client oriented.
- Ability to handle multiple deadlines and conflicting priorities.
What we offer
We take our coaching seriously and have a strong focus on helping our people achieve their potential and advance through their career. In addition, our team enjoys the benefit of internal training courses as well as support for external courses and conference attendance.
We are innovative and different and we pride ourselves on our team of diverse, high performing Deloitte Professionals who are talented, supportive, inclusive and social - and who are at the heart of our success. Our aim is to ensure that all our people feel comfortable to bring their whole selves to work, and as a result, create a workplace that encourages the true spirit of 'and different'.
From day one you will be considered part of the Deloitte community and our development and career progression framework will help you develop the skills and capabilities you need to succeed - in every sense of the word.
You will be rewarded with a competitive salary, healthcare, flex-working and a range of benefits that you would expect from one of the world's leading professional services brands.
If you have the drive and passion to succeed, apply now. If you’ve got any questions or wish to have a confidential conversation about this role, contact Jevon Beukes from the Talent Acquisition team at 09 952 4213. We’d love to hear for you!
Deloitte are committed to keeping everyone safe from COVID-19. From December 1 2021 until further notice, Deloitte will introduce a COVID-19 Vaccination policy that requires all staff, contractors, clients and visitors to be fully vaccinated before they can access our offices. Similarly, only Deloitte vaccinated people will visit our client premises and attend work-related events. For more information, please visit our website; https://www2.deloitte.com/nz/en/pages/risk/articles/open-for-business-navigating-covid19.html
Deloitte is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and we are committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. Knowing that people work best in different ways, we are happy to discuss alternative arrangements if the working pattern you are looking for is not specifically indicated. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of application to assist you through the recruitment process.
We understand there have been cases of phishing emails purporting to be recruiters for Deloitte. Any communication from Deloitte New Zealand regarding an employment application will come from a “@deloitte.co.nz” or from our Applicant Tracking System “@hire.lever.co” email address. If you have received a suspicious email and would like to verify validity of any communications that appear to be from Deloitte New Zealand, please contact us on NZinfo@deloitte.co.nz