2023/2024 Intern | Consulting | Strategy & Business Design
All New Zealand /
Consulting – Strategy, Analytics & M&A /
- Are you looking for hands-on experience in one of the best consulting careers available?
- Do you want to connect, work, and learn from our global network of industry leaders and experts?
- Are you excited to gain real-world opportunities to develop your career and network?
Your future starts with us
Our team is supported with the resources, training, and tools they need to excel at their work, along with the freedom and power to create their own paths forward to make a difference.
What will you get to do?
Our team of consultants are motivated to solve the toughest and most meaningful problems facing the private and public sectors. To do this, we combine our array of technology expertise with our deep knowledge of business strategies that work. We strive to re-imagine the way organisations are configured to deliver on their strategies by bringing best-practice strategy methodologies, alongside local and global expertise.
As an Analyst, you'll break down challenging client problems, analyse data, conduct research, iterate solutions, collaborate with clients, and deliver advice. On this varied and exciting career path, your projects could range from enabling organisations to fundamentally change the nature of their business through supporting mergers and acquisitions, to building next generation operating models to help clients address changing customer needs. From the spectrum of work available, Analysts will be equipped with the skills, knowledge and experience needed to kick-start a strong career in strategy & business design.
Where can you do this?
We’re looking for Summer Interns to join our vibrant Auckland and Wellington offices.
Enough about us. Let’s talk about you.
We know that as a student in your penultimate year, you may not necessarily have a tone of technical skills or experience, and that’s okay! At Deloitte, we value your ethics and potential to grow more than anything else. You’re someone who:
- Is in their penultimate year of a STEM (Science, Tech, Engineering, Maths), or Business/Finance/Commerce degree or similar.
- Has strong qualitative and quantitative skills with the ability to transform data into meaningful insights.
- Has a passion for upholding Te Tiriti and incorporating a Te Ao Māori approach into the work that we do.
- Enjoys working on ambiguous and challenging problems.
- Is a problem solver that can combine creativity with logical thinking.
- Thrives in collaborative and fast-paced environments.
- Demonstrates a resilient and hardworking attitude – whenever you work on a project, you give it your all!
- Has a growth mindset and loves the idea of working in a feedback-rich environment.
- Has excellent written and oral communication skills.
If you’re nodding like crazy because this sounds exactly like you – apply now!
At Deloitte, we create positively differentiated work experiences that enable our people to feel valued and achieve their full potential. We value difference and embrace people with diverse backgrounds and thinking styles. Knowing that people work best in different ways, we are happy to discuss alternative arrangements if the working pattern you are looking for is not specifically indicated.
Please be aware, if a particular opportunity becomes oversubscribed, we will close it for applications before the stated deadline. We recommend you submit your full application as early as possible.
Deloitte is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and we are committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. Knowing that people work best in different ways, we are happy to discuss alternative arrangements if the working pattern you are looking for is not specifically indicated. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of application to assist you through the recruitment process.
Studies have shown that women and people from under-represented backgrounds are less likely to apply for roles where they do not match the job description criteria exactly. If you're excited about this role and think you have what it takes, but your experience doesn't align 100%, we still want to hear from you and would encourage to apply.
We understand there have been cases of phishing emails purporting to be recruiters for Deloitte. Any communication from Deloitte New Zealand regarding an employment application will come from a “@deloitte.co.nz” or from our Applicant Tracking System “@hire.lever.co” email address or our video interview platform deloittenz.hirevue.com. If you have received a suspicious email and would like to verify validity of any communications that appear to be from Deloitte New Zealand, please contact us on NZinfo@deloitte.co.nz