Manager - Audit Quality- Make an Impact
Auckland, NZ /
Audit and Assurance – National Technical /
Make an impact – Join us as a “Manager- Audit Quality”
Hono mai kia eke ki te taumata teitei ka taea
We have strong shared values and the power of purpose to make a real difference.
We are driven to create an impact that matters at every opportunity.
Over our 175-year history, we have built a reputation for impactful delivery across audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, tax, and technology services. Supported by a strong leadership team, and member firms from over 150 countries across the globe, Deloitte New Zealand is in the business of solving complex problems. Innovation is the oxygen that powers us, enabling us to embrace the unknown, the chaos, the mayhem, because we know this is where the magic can happen.
Our workplace and culture
Our purpose is to make an impact that matters. We are driven by our desire to create positive outcomes for our clients, communities, and people. Everything we do is with intent - the intent to make a meaningful difference.
Our shared values are at the heart of everything we do. Living these values, which include ‘taking care of each other’ and ‘fostering inclusion’, is essential to ensuring everyone feels included at work and able to reach their full potential.
For us to succeed and thrive as an organisation, we understand the importance of creating a culture where diverse perspectives matter and where everyone is given an equal opportunity to grow and develop.
As a Manager with a focus on Audit Quality, you are a member of our national team supporting audit practitioners in delivering high quality audits.
You will support the content leader in the development and maintenance of audit content. This includes:
- Understanding global and local auditing standards, accounting standards and regulatory requirements and monitoring for upcoming changes to those requirements.
- Assessing global audit content (in our audit tools, as well as supporting templates, guidance, or policies) to determine whether New Zealand supplementation is required.
- Creating and maintaining content to address New Zealand requirements.
- Communicating content changes to audit professionals and preparing/ supplementing and delivering learning around content.
You will become a thought leader for the business, will promote audit quality and be someone that the firm’s partners and people go to when they are not sure of a requirement. You will know the sources for support material and be capable of researching and producing support material where there is none currently available.
While a full-time permanent role is preferred, a part-time role will also be considered. Deloitte also supports flexible working arrangements.
About the Audit Quality team
We are an experienced, agile and cohesive team that is focused on improving audit and assurance quality and managing risk through being trusted advisors to the business, delivering the technology and content enablers, providing learning and support material and leading monitoring programs. We also drive transformation activities to enhance the audit experience for practitioners through new and enhanced tools. While this role is content focused, there will be opportunities to support audit practitioners (through consultations) and to work collaboratively on quality and transformation projects.
Enough about us, let's talk about you! You're someone with:
- Previous experience as an auditor, preferably at manager level (minimum 5-6 years audit experience)
- Strong knowledge of global and local auditing and assurance standards
- Reasonable knowledge of global and local accounting standards (IFRS, NZ IFRS and PBE Standards)
- Passion for being on the cutting edge of your profession – analysing upcoming audit related content and interpreting the practical implications for engagement teams
- Technical, detail-oriented, and strong research skills
- Ability to take responsibility, show initiative and work collaboratively
- Strong people, project management and communication skills
- Ability to think critically, analyse and interpret information
- Willingness to further increase knowledge and continuously learn
- Interest in expanding your professional network and building relationships
We hold a simple belief – that our people’s hard work should be recognised and rewarded beyond their remuneration.
We have reimagined what ‘work’ looks like and how we can empower all our people to create a work experience that is distinct to their needs. Founded on concepts of trust, balance, wellbeing and the importance of personal connection, this is the Deloitte Experience.
· You will be rewarded with a competitive salary (from NZ$105 000 to NZ$120 000 p.a. dependent on experience)
- Flexible work arrangements – work in a way that suits you best
· Subsidised professional qualifications and paid professional memberships
· Subsidised Health Insurance
· Income protection insurance
· 22 days annual leave
· Social events, social sports teams and monthly Firm drinks
· A focus on wellness and well-being
· Community focussed volunteer days
· A focus on the environment and sustainability
· Plus much more
Does this sound exactly like the sort of role and organisation for you? Then apply now! We’d love to hear from you.
The Deloitte Talent Acquisition Team
Deloitte is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and we are committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. Knowing that people work best in different ways, we are happy to discuss alternative arrangements if the working pattern you are looking for is not specifically indicated. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of application to assist you through the recruitment process.
Studies have shown that women and people from under-represented backgrounds are less likely to apply for roles where they do not match the job description criteria exactly. If you're excited about this role and think you have what it takes, but your experience doesn't align 100%, we still want to hear from you and would encourage to apply.
We understand there have been cases of phishing emails purporting to be recruiters for Deloitte. Any communication from Deloitte New Zealand regarding an employment application will come from a “@deloitte.co.nz” or from our Applicant Tracking System “@hire.lever.co” email address or our video interview platform deloittenz.hirevue.com. If you have received a suspicious email and would like to verify validity of any communications that appear to be from Deloitte New Zealand, please contact us on NZinfo@deloitte.co.nz