Azure Cloud Solutions Architect
Auckland, NZ OR Wellington, NZ OR Christchurch, NZ /
Consulting – EO - Cloud & Engineering /
· Join an award-winning consulting practice with global reach and thought leadership.
· Be part of a high-performing team and expand your experience and capabilities.
· We support flexible working and believe it is critical to increasing engagement, optimising resources, supporting work-life balance and employee wellbeing.
The future of IT is becoming more data-driven, mobile, distributed and connected, creating exciting challenges for solution architects to match the pace of new technology. You will work with the latest methodologies and emerging technologies to deliver cloud-native solutions, leveraging serverless and micro-services platforms, setting a new standard in place of traditional architecture, delivering continuous drives for business innovation, and changing the way we view technology. We love to solve challenging problems and embrace cloud-native bleeding-edge technologies to build highly optimised and automated solutions to help our customers overcome complexity. Be more agile in experimenting, testing, and fail fast to explore ways to deliver business outcomes.
With the emergence of cloud platforms, Deloitte’s Technology Consulting practice is focused on delivering tailored, innovative solutions for our clients, helping them to disrupt their industry, connect their business to customers, and make better decisions about themselves.
As a result, we’re looking to add experienced Azure Architects to join our close-knit team and focus on designing and delivering innovative solutions that matter to our Cloud customers.
About the team
We are a local NZ team of 80+ engineers, and we combine this with 800+ Cloud Engineers in Australia and many more spread worldwide. Deloitte is an amazing global network where you can find an expert in anything and learn from the best.
In addition to joining a fantastic team, you will receive an industry-leading remuneration package with benefits, like flexi-time, an award-winning parental leave package, a suite of learning and development opportunities (technical certifications, leadership and personal development), access to the global Deloitte tech community and unparalleled opportunities to engage with leading software vendors such as AWS, Microsoft, Salesforce, MuleSoft, and Red Hat.
What we are looking for from our Azure/ Cloud Solutions Architect:
· Lead client engagements as a Subject Matter Expert to define technology strategy and introduce innovative solutions through the introduction of Cloud Platforms.
· Lead client and stakeholder sessions to understand complex challenges and assist with proposing solutions to meet those needs.
· Provide architectural governance to ensure we design & deliver services in line with best practices.
· Lead and guide colleagues in the Design, Build and Deployment requirements based on agreed technical documentation/specifications.
· Introduce and establish a core DevSecOps framework to deliver a high standard of development practices.
· Own proof of concepts and develop innovative solutions to uncover new opportunities and expand existing relationships.
· Ability to think critically and solve business use cases to provide fit-for-purpose solutions.
· Strong desire to maintain a high level of continuous learning in the latest tools, processes and methodology available in market.
· Maintain relationships with internal and external stakeholders as well as vendors.
· Become an active contributor to the Technology network and grow the Cloud Platform knowledge base across wider Deloitte Consulting colleagues and external community groups. You’re encouraged to upskill and gain certifications in your areas of expertise.
· Ability to mentor more junior members of the team.
· A proven background in an IT vendor, consulting or professional services organization as an architect or in a senior technical or consulting role.
· Has Engineering, Architecture and Operational experience with broader business experience
· Preferably has extensive Azure experience and certification (e.g. Azure Solutions Architect Expert and\or Azure DevSecOps Engineer Expert)
· Skillful in the areas of DevSecOps and Agile frameworks and how to apply them.
· Experience owning the design, build and deployment of Azure/Cloud platforms.
· Strong ability to provide well-conceived, clearly articulated, pragmatic solutions and recommendations to complex infrastructure and application problems.
· Proven track record in defining architectures that delivers the right engineering for the delivery of services.
· Has an expert understanding of Azure with extensive breadth and depth of specialism.
· Understands Microsoft Cloud Adoption Framework & Solution Architectures to drive business engagement for implementing this across all projects, solutions and customer engagements.
· Understanding and willingness to be hands-on and help the team deliver projects using modern software if required.
· Excellent communication skills with high attention to detail. Fluent English language (written and verbal) skills are a must. Any other language skills will be a bonus.
You have experience and a growth mindset to improve your capabilities in these areas:
· Cloud Design Patterns for Azure
· Well Architected Frameworks for Azure
· Automation within Azure
· Infrastructure as Code (IaC)
· Microservices architecture, design, implementation and management
· Azure DevOps and/or Terraform/ARM/Bicep
· Azure security design and implementation
· Track record of implementing Azure services in a variety of distributed computing, and enterprise environments
· Experience in project and professional services delivery
· Regular community interaction with internal and external event participation for Azure
Sound like the sort of role for you? Apply now.
Deloitte is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and we are committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. Knowing that people work best in different ways, we are happy to discuss alternative arrangements if the working pattern you are looking for is not specifically indicated. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of application to assist you through the recruitment process.
Studies have shown that women and people from under-represented backgrounds are less likely to apply for roles where they do not match the job description criteria exactly. If you're excited about this role and think you have what it takes, but your experience doesn't align 100%, we still want to hear from you and would encourage to apply.
We understand there have been cases of phishing emails purporting to be recruiters for Deloitte. Any communication from Deloitte New Zealand regarding an employment application will come from a “@deloitte.co.nz” or from our Applicant Tracking System “@hire.lever.co” email address or our video interview platform deloittenz.hirevue.com. If you have received a suspicious email and would like to verify validity of any communications that appear to be from Deloitte New Zealand, please contact us on NZinfo@deloitte.co.nz