Senior C# / .NET Core Developer
Management Consulting – Technology
• Curious and love to learn? Get access to unlimited learning and development opportunities
• Join a collaborative and innovative team who are always looking to make an impact that matters to our environment, people and clients
What will your typical day look like?
About the team
Technology is changing rapidly. The future of IT is more mobile, more distributed and more connected which creates exciting challenges for solution developers. Platforms are emerging as the new architecture for delivering technology solutions and driving business innovation. You might be familiar with platforms like Facebook, Apple iOS and Uber. In similar ways, programmable platforms are changing the way businesses use technology.
Platform Engineering is an exciting new service line within Deloitte that is focused on building platforms for our clients, helping them to disrupt their industry, before they get disrupted. We utilize a variety of leading cloud platforms and modern software engineering and development practices. Our technology competencies include Microsoft, AWS, Red Hat, MuleSoft, Atlassian and Elastic.
We are passionate about the New Zealand technology industry and demonstrate our support through organising meetups, writing technology blogs, hosting conferences and contributing to the open source community. Come and join us if you are excited about the future of technology and if you want to build a future-proof career while working within a collaborative and supportive culture.
In this role you will be:
- Collaborating with Deloitte and Client teams to create solution designs for complex problems
- Working within a team to design and develop solutions predominantly using C#, .NET Core. Node.js and Angular / React skills a bonus but not required.
- Primarily focused on back-end development - designing and building platforms using APIs, real-time data flows, process orchestration and micro-services.
- Implementing DevOps principles to automate and control platforms, with a focus on Microsoft Azure, but extending across AWS and OpenShift On-Premise.
- Learn and advise clients on cross-cutting concerns such as platform performance, availability, security and operations.
You are someone with:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications and/or industry certifications.
- Strong development background with a focus on backend development and Cloud technologies.
- Deep understanding of Object Oriented Programming and Domain Driven Design.
- Proficient in data access techniques for both relational and NoSQL DB especially Cosmos DB and MSSQ. Graph DB experience is a plus
- Strong DevOps and/or Azure Resource Manager Templating skill is a huge advantage.
- Excellent communication skills and an ability to work in a dynamic office environment.
- A passion for technology and a love of learning.
Sound like the sort of role for you? Apply now.
If you’ve got any questions or wish to have a confidential conversation about this role, contact Gracie Wang from the People & Performance team at 09 303 0775. We’d love to hear from you!
We bring together 1400 specialists professionals providing audit, tax, technology and systems, strategy and performance improvement, risk management, corporate finance, business recovery, forensic and accounting services nationwide.
At Deloitte, we create positively differentiated work experiences that enable our people to feel valued and achieve their full potential. We value difference, and embrace people with diverse backgrounds and thinking styles. Knowing that people work best in different ways, we are happy to discuss alternative arrangements if the working pattern you are looking for is not specifically indicated.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organisation. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. Every day, Deloitte people are making a real impact in the places they live and work. We pride ourselves on doing not only what is good for clients, but also what is good for our people and the communities in which we live and work—always striving to be an organization that is held up as a role model of quality, integrity, and positive change. Learn more about Deloitte’s impact on the world.