Cyber Security Senior Consultant
Auckland, NZ /
Risk Advisory – Cyber /
Please Note: Due to the current border restrictions in New Zealand, we are only able to support local applications or applicants who already possess citizenship or existing working rights for New Zealand.
· Fast track your career and learn alongside high-performing people
· Become a trusted advisor to New Zealand’s most iconic businesses
· Auckland based role
Deloitte are industry leaders in Cyber and help a variety of organisations, from large government agencies and iconic Kiwi institutions, to small innovative start-ups to improve the lives of all New Zealanders all roundin a safe and secure way. Now, we’re on the lookout for someone like you, a talented Cyber Security Consultant, to join us in our cyber, privacy and resilience team in Auckland!
About the team
You will be joining a close knit, international team who prides themselves on being a recognised global leader in cyber security consulting. Our aim is to ensure that all our people feel comfortable to bring their whole selves to work, and as a result, create a workplace that encourages the true spirit of being you.
We take our coaching seriously and have a strong focus on helping our people achieve their potential and advance through their career. You will bring a high level of energy, enjoy getting things done, have the ability to think laterally and innovate, and most importantly have a love for learning.
What will your typical day look like?
- Collaborate and build lasting relationships with our clients and internal teams deliver cyber services.
- Manage various project priorities and support requirements, such as managed services, cyber incident response, security assessments and security architecture and implementations.
- Apply the latest security techniques, tools and tends to bring together a new vision to help support business needs in the areas of cloud adoption, digital working, automation, networking, application development.
- Help to share knowledge and learnings to continuously develop colleagues and a culture that aligns to Deloitte’s core values, making an impact that matters, all while delivering exceptional client service.
- Mindfulness to continuously cultivate client relationships and demonstrating a drive and passion to simply get things done as the trusted advisor.
Enough about us, let’s talk about you! You are someone with:
- 1 - 4 years of proven experience delivering cyber security services or solutions. Appropriate certifications and qualifications in IT Security or Computer Science will be highly beneficial.
- An outcomes focused mindset who can comfortably translate business requirements into deliverable actions that meet or exceed client expectations.
- Able to demonstrate a good level of understanding across a range of areas that could include cloud security, cyber incident response practices, DevSecOps, identity & access management, security testing and privacy.
- Experience working in consulting/professional services environment.
- Excellent command on English, spoken and written, as report writing, and presentations are a core part of the position.
Have we caught your attention?
From 11 April 2022 it is no longer a condition of our COVID Response policy that our people, clients, contractors and visitors be vaccinated to attend our premises, Deloitte events or client premises (except where a client has a vaccine pass mandate in place). However, given the changing nature of the pandemic, we do reserve the right, following a Health & Safety Risk Assessment, to require that a role be performed by a person vaccinated against COVID-19 to minimise the health and safety risk to our people therefore ongoing collection of vaccination status will be important for managing future risks.
Deloitte is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and we are committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. Knowing that people work best in different ways, we are happy to discuss alternative arrangements if the working pattern you are looking for is not specifically indicated. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of application to assist you through the recruitment process.
We understand there have been cases of phishing emails purporting to be recruiters for Deloitte. Any communication from Deloitte New Zealand regarding an employment application will come from a “@deloitte.co.nz” or from our Applicant Tracking System “@hire.lever.co” email address or our video interview platform deloittenz.hirevue.com. If you have received a suspicious email and would like to verify validity of any communications that appear to be from Deloitte New Zealand, please contact us on NZinfo@deloitte.co.nz