Advisory Manager- Associate Director (FSI)
Auckland, NZ /
Accounting & Auditing – Audit Advisory /
Deloitte New Zealand will be enjoying an extended break this holiday season and will be out of office from Friday 24th December and returning Monday 17th January. Please expect a delay in our response to your application over this time
Are you a finance professional looking for a new challenge, who is analytical and thrives on problem solving in complex environments? Do you enjoy assisting clients within the financial services sphere? Are you keen to utilise your experience in a challenging and varied role which will allow you to work across diverse projects and clients to solve complex issues?
Our Auckland Accounting Advisory Solutions team is looking for individuals to join our dynamic team, with a focus on the Financial Services Industry. As the team experiences an exciting period of growth, we are keen to speak with people who are passionate to build successful careers.
You will apply core finance and accounting knowledge in an advisory context to assist our clients in enabling the success of their finance function. We are seeing an increasing need from our clients to help them with complex accounting matters. Our projects, which span a wide range of industries, with this role mainly focusing on projects within the Financial Services Industry, include:
· Providing practical and pragmatic accounting solutions
· Using our accounting knowledge to support clients during disruptive events (systems implementation, etc.)
· Improving the effectiveness and performance of finance functions, and finance processes
· Assisting clients implement new and complex accounting standards (NZ IFRS 9, NZ IFRS 17, etc)
As a result of the diverse nature of the work, you will often find yourself working with our other functions (tax, corporate finance, risk advisory and consulting). You will develop effective business relationships, and both lead and manage teams.
You will have the opportunity to genuinely help our clients and make a real contribution as we grow by bringing your point of view and energy to the team.
About you - you will develop your capabilities in the following areas:
- Problem solving and use of judgement to determine when to consult with the rest of the team on complex matters. This includes tackling complex accounting problems to find practical and pragmatic solutions for our clients in their commercial context.
- Keeping up with accounting developments and market practice.
- Building relationships both with clients and within Deloitte to work through complexity and provide quality service to clients, this includes being able to communicate complex concepts clearly to non-specialists/non-accountants
- Acting as a role model and recognizing others for the impact they make.
- Project management skills and being an excellent team player.
In addition you will need:
- Full membership of CAANZ (or equivalent) with 3+ years’ experience in NZ or globally.
- Previous experience for delivering assurance and advisory engagements for financial institutions – Banking, Insurance or Asset Management
- Proven ability to manage projects and solve problems in the finance world – this could be through experience within Audit (ideally Big 4 or large firm experience), other professional service experience, or in industry.
- Strong technical accounting skills, and knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
- To be self-motivated, results driven & client oriented.
- A willingness to learn, and desire to work in a constantly changing environment.
What we offer
We pride ourselves on our team of diverse, high performing Deloitte Professionals who are talented, supportive, inclusive and social – and who are at the heart of our success. From day one at our firm, you will be considered part of the Deloitte family and our development and career progression framework will help you develop the skills and capabilities that will set you up to succeed – in every sense of the word. A career with us will provide you with:
-Professional development opportunities.
-Time to create unique career experiences.
-An environment where you can build and connect with a network of incredible talent, both locally and around the globe.
-The opportunity to succeed with the flexibility to balance your personal /family commitments.
-Wellness benefit, transport allowance, opportunity to buy lifestyle leave.
We are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive culture. We are fair in our behaviour and our policies promote equal opportunity for all.
Deloitte NZ brings together more than 1400 specialists nationwide. We work with clients ranging from New Zealand's largest companies to smaller businesses with ambition to grow. We are led by the purpose to make an impact that matters. Our People and Culture make this a great place to work. Each of us is unique, valued for that, among the best, and brightest in the business, and takes pride in our own achievements and the success of others. The culture is about inclusion, collaboration, high performance, and opportunity.
All this translates into the best environment in which to drive your career forward.
If you have the drive and passion to succeed, apply now. If you’ve got any questions or wish to have a confidential conversation about this role, contact Jevon Beukes from the Talent Acquisition team at 09 952 4213. We’d love to hear for you!
Deloitte are committed to keeping everyone safe from COVID-19. From December 1 2021 until further notice, Deloitte will introduce a COVID-19 Vaccination policy that requires all staff, contractors, clients and visitors to be fully vaccinated before they can access our offices. Similarly, only Deloitte vaccinated people will visit our client premises and attend work-related events. For more information, please visit our website; https://www2.deloitte.com/nz/en/pages/risk/articles/open-for-business-navigating-covid19.html
Deloitte is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and we are committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. Knowing that people work best in different ways, we are happy to discuss alternative arrangements if the working pattern you are looking for is not specifically indicated. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of application to assist you through the recruitment process.
We understand there have been cases of phishing emails purporting to be recruiters for Deloitte. Any communication from Deloitte New Zealand regarding an employment application will come from a “@deloitte.co.nz” or from our Applicant Tracking System “@hire.lever.co” email address. If you have received a suspicious email and would like to verify validity of any communications that appear to be from Deloitte New Zealand, please contact us on NZinfo@deloitte.co.nz