Hourua Pae Rau – Organisation Transformation – Consultant/ Senior Consultant
Auckland, NZ /
Consulting – Human Capital - Organisation Transformation /
Please note to be eligible for this opportunity, you’ll be based in New Zealand and hold a valid Work Visa that allows you to be employed in New Zealand.
- Do you want to shift the inequity dial in Aotearoa?
- Does a work environment that has strong whakawhanaungatanga appeal and can you work independently as part of a larger whānau?
- Do you enjoy collaborating with others to design and deliver services?
- Are you confident in speaking te reo Māori and English in different settings?
- Do you have relationships across Māori enterprise, iwi entities, private enterprise or government?
- Does creating tailored outcomes by Māori, for Māori and with Māori align with your values?
- Are you an analytical thinker with a passion for complex problem solving by applying te ao Māori approaches?
- Do you bring sector and industry domain knowledge in the public sector and Human Resources or People & Capability?
- Are you ready to step up your game leading important work and talented teams?
- Does making an impact that matters for Māori and Aotearoa excite you?
About the team
You will be part of the Deloitte Hourua Pae Rau (Māori Services) waka sitting in our Human Capital team. Our Human Capital team works closely with clients to enable business and people outcomes, including tailored outcomes for Māori, by enhancing their organisation performance, productivity and effectiveness through the development of organisational and talent strategies and programmes.
We are business professionals who care deeply about the clients and communities we serve
The success of our business is founded on recruiting the best people who share our values and relish the opportunity to embrace change, making a difference on every engagement.
We are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive culture. We are fair in our behaviours and our policies promote equal opportunity for all.
We support equitable outcomes for Māori and help agencies fulfil their obligations as a Treaty partner, and recognise the importance of taking a te ao Māori approach to our mahi and team.
We are currently recruiting Consultants and Senior Consultants with expertise in:
- Te reo Māori and te ao Māori knowledge
- Organisational and functional design and transformation
- Leading and managing change
- Strategic communications
- Learning solutions
- Workforce strategy and planning
- Employee experience review, design and delivery
- Culture transformation
- Diversity and inclusion
- Workforce analytics
- HR technology strategy and service delivery
We recognise that every business is different so we wanted to make it easy to understand how your experience level can help you to make an impact at Deloitte: In organisation transformation we are looking for professionals who have change management or organisation design experience. The following roles require the below experience:
Consultant: 2- 4 years
Senior Consultant: 4-7 years
Manager: 7-10 years
Associate Director: 10 years +
What will your typical day look like?
As a Consultant or Senior Consultant in our Hourua Pae Rau Human Capital team you will play an active role in creating and shaping Government business transformation, working directly with client executives across a wide range of public sector clients and nationally across key industries.
You will be front and centre in client engagements, developing relationships with senior client stakeholders. You will be encouraged to bring an understanding of the client’s ecosystem, global expertise, new perspectives and diverse thinking to the problems we solve.
Every day you will work as part of a multi-skilled team of advisors, working collaboratively and across different project work streams. The broad nature of our client base means that you will have the opportunity to gain exposure to a range of industries and to continue to learn every day. You will be supported with robust tools and methodologies, comprehensive training, guidance and direction to support your development and growth.
As a Consultant or Senior Consultant we expect you to:
- Understand the application of te ao Māori thinking and Te Tiriti o Waitangi to our clients
- Work closely with our clients as a trusted advisor enabling them to make the choices and commitments to execute their business strategy
- Develop your proficiency in Deloitte service offerings
- Analyse information and create concise presentations and reports
- Contribute to the development of client solutions
- Facilitate client interviews, workshops and presentations
- Support and review work of junior project team members
- Collaborate with the national Human Capital Consulting Practice and contribute to practice and business development activities.
You are someone with:
- 2-5 years demonstrated experience in an HR/People/Talent Development role. Experience in a Consulting/Professional Services environment or the Public Sector is highly advantageous.
- The analytical thinking and problem solving chops to apply to some of our clients – and Aotearoa New Zealand’s – most complex issues
- Knowledge and understanding of the role of the Te Tiriti o Waitangi to NZ and Government, and have experience applying western and te ao Māori approaches to solve challenges
- Strong quantitative skills with the ability to collect data, transform into useful information to better understand and analyse problems.
- Ability to communicate, present and contextualise complex ideas concisely and accurately while adjusting style and tone to suit your audience.
- Strong collaboration skills with the ability to connect with both clients and your team to share information and ideas and together deliver project outcomes.
- A drive for exceptional service and performance, and the ability to plan and execute a project
- A desire to seek out opportunities to continually learn and bring a positive outlook to new challenges.
Sound like the sort of role for you? Apply now.
Deloitte is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and we are committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. Knowing that people work best in different ways, we are happy to discuss alternative arrangements if the working pattern you are looking for is not specifically indicated. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of application to assist you through the recruitment process.
Studies have shown that women and people from under-represented backgrounds are less likely to apply for roles where they do not match the job description criteria exactly. If you're excited about this role and think you have what it takes, but your experience doesn't align 100%, we still want to hear from you and would encourage to apply.
We understand there have been cases of phishing emails purporting to be recruiters for Deloitte. Any communication from Deloitte New Zealand regarding an employment application will come from a “@deloitte.co.nz” or from our Applicant Tracking System “@hire.lever.co” email address or our video interview platform deloittenz.hirevue.com. If you have received a suspicious email and would like to verify validity of any communications that appear to be from Deloitte New Zealand, please contact us on NZinfo@deloitte.co.nz