Consultant – Operations Transformation
Wellington, NZ /
Consulting – Strategy, Analytics & Transformation /
· Do you have a passion for complex problem solving and driving operational excellence?
· Do you want to help New Zealand’s largest organisations deliver transformational change?
· Do you want to make an impact that matters?
The Operations Transformation team at Deloitte provides a dynamic environment where you will work on challenging projects, across a range of client organisations.
You will be rewarded with a competitive salary (From $75,000 to $85,000 pa dependent on experience) healthcare insurance subsidy, and mobile phone benefit. Flex-working available in a 37.5 hour work week and a range of other benefits that you would expect from one of the worlds leading professional services brands.
About our team:
We are a team of strategic problem solvers, with deep transformation, operations and industry insight. What we have in common is the experience to diagnose and solve complex problems and design innovative, pragmatic solutions unique to each organisation. What sets us apart is our creativity, our commitment to making an impact, and the strength of a huge network of knowledge, industry experience and technology to support our clients to be future fit.
We bring our clients on the journey, helping them accelerate and unlock strategic and commercial value as their partners in innovation-led transformation. We can see where they need to go, and work with them to design and implement the path forward, powered by the best emerging and proven technology and analytical insights, to help them get there.
What will your typical day look like?
- Engage with high profile clients on their most important and challenging business issues - addressing and solving their priority operational problems
- Be a part of a high performing team with a strong commitment to excellence in pursuit of helping our clients drive profitability and performance through their operations
- Draw on Deloitte’s unique capabilities in Agility, Technology, Digital, Data Analytics and experience from our global consulting network
- Be actively involved with key initiatives such as Business Transformation, Enterprise Agile, Operations Excellence, and Strategic Cost Transformation (e.g. target operating model design, agile delivery, lean, process re-engineering and workflow)
- You will be working alongside Aotearoa’s leaders solving the toughest problems – you never have a boring day
- Conduct analysis (desktop research, data analysis, reviewing documents etc.)
- Draft / storyboard project deliverables and engagement materials
- Participate in client meetings and interviews / assist with the facilitation of client workshops
You are someone with:
- 2+ years working in, or consulting to, the public sector
- Experience supporting a workstream on a large project or programme
- Proven experience identifying and implementing operational improvements
- Excellent performance in a tertiary qualification
- Experience facilitating workshops and engaging with senior executives and management
- Interest in mentoring and coaching junior consultants in engagement delivery and career development
- Quantitative, analytical, and data modelling skills
- Strong problem-solving skills with the ability to exercise judgment
About the team:
We are a rapidly growing team currently looking for talented people to join our Wellington office. Our people have widely varied backgrounds but are united by a passion for creating a lasting impact for our clients.
At Deloitte, the success of our business is founded on recruiting the best people who share our values and relish the opportunity to embrace change, making a difference on every engagement. We are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive culture. We are fair in our behaviours and our policies promote equal opportunity for all.
If you have the drive and passion to succeed, apply now.
From 11 April 2022 it is no longer a condition of our COVID Response policy that our people, clients, contractors and visitors be vaccinated to attend our premises, Deloitte events or client premises (except where a client has a vaccine pass mandate in place). However, given the changing nature of the pandemic, we do reserve the right, following a Health & Safety Risk Assessment, to require that a role be performed by a person vaccinated against COVID-19 to minimise the health and safety risk to our people therefore ongoing collection of vaccination status will be important for managing future risks.
Deloitte is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and we are committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. Knowing that people work best in different ways, we are happy to discuss alternative arrangements if the working pattern you are looking for is not specifically indicated. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of application to assist you through the recruitment process.
We understand there have been cases of phishing emails purporting to be recruiters for Deloitte. Any communication from Deloitte New Zealand regarding an employment application will come from a “@deloitte.co.nz” or from our Applicant Tracking System “@hire.lever.co” email address or our video interview platform deloittenz.hirevue.com. If you have received a suspicious email and would like to verify validity of any communications that appear to be from Deloitte New Zealand, please contact us on NZinfo@deloitte.co.nz