Cyber Manager / Associate Director
Wellington, NZ /
Risk Advisory – Cyber /
Deloitte New Zealand will be enjoying an extended break this holiday season and will be out of office from Friday 24th December and returning Monday 17th January. Please expect a delay in our response to your application over this time
· Build your brand alongside a global industry leader in Cyber Consulting
· Be a trusted advisor to kiwi businesses, bringing innovation and modernisation to the forefront
· Connect with a global network of Cyber Specialists with unlimited learning resources
We are looking for a Manager or Associate Director to come and join our Cyber, Privacy & Resilience team in Wellington!
*Please note: Due to the current border restrictions in New Zealand, we are only able to support local applications or applicants who already possess citizenship or existing working rights for New Zealand*
You will be working with and helping a variety of organisations, from large government agencies that make a difference to the lives of all New Zealanders, iconic Kiwi institutions who grow our economy, to small innovative start-ups who put us on the global map. You will be helping them achieve their goals while doing so in a safe and secure way. You will be able to engage with people and help them understand what the benefits are and what they need to do and build relationships with them as a trusted advisor. You will also have responsibilities to deliver outcomes and to grow and manage people. However, no two days will be the same and there will both be exciting new opportunities and challenges to solve.
About the team
You will be joining a close knit, international team who prides themselves on being a recognised global leader in cyber consulting. Our aim is to ensure that all our people feel comfortable to bring their whole selves to work, and as a result, create a workplace that encourages the true spirit of being you.
We take our coaching seriously and have a strong focus on helping our people achieve their potential and advance through their career. You will bring a high level of energy, enjoy getting things done, have the ability to think laterally and innovate, and most importantly have a love for learning.
Enough about us, let’s talk about you! You are someone with:
- 3-5 years’+ experience with at least a sub-set related to cyber.
- Excel in managing projects and balancing the need between quality, cost and timeliness.
- Have gotten satisfaction in seeing your team grow through your coaching and mentorship.
- Strong understanding of technology and trends e.g. zero trust, cloud security, digital ways of working, continuous assurance.
- Passionate about using your knowledge and experience to help businesses achieve their outcomes and overcome challenges.
- Eager to learn and develop both personally and professionally.
- Strong relationship building skills and able to form strong working relationships with colleagues and clients.
- Excellent report writing and presentation skills.
- Enthusiastic with real drive to ‘get things done’.
You will also have a broad range of cyber expertise, this could include a mix of delivering and/or managing:
- Projects or hands on experience in implementing cyber solutions or practices.
- Security architecture and design especially of cloud and hybrid environments.
- Identity and access management.
- Secure by design practices.
- Development of security strategies and operating models.
- Cyber incident response.
- Security operations.
- Security and privacy risk assessments.
- Security testing and penetration testing.
Have we caught your attention?
We would love to hear from you! If you’ve got any questions or wish to have a confidential conversation about this role, connect with Carey Wong from our Talent Acquisition team at 09 952 4202.
Deloitte are committed to keeping everyone safe from COVID-19. From December 1 2021 until further notice, Deloitte will introduce a COVID-19 Vaccination policy that requires all staff, contractors, clients and visitors to be fully vaccinated before they can access our offices. Similarly, only Deloitte vaccinated people will visit our client premises and attend work-related events. For more information, please visit our website; https://www2.deloitte.com/nz/en/pages/risk/articles/open-for-business-navigating-covid19.html
Deloitte is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and we are committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. Knowing that people work best in different ways, we are happy to discuss alternative arrangements if the working pattern you are looking for is not specifically indicated. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of application to assist you through the recruitment process.
We understand there have been cases of phishing emails purporting to be recruiters for Deloitte. Any communication from Deloitte New Zealand regarding an employment application will come from a “@deloitte.co.nz” or from our Applicant Tracking System “@hire.lever.co” email address. If you have received a suspicious email and would like to verify validity of any communications that appear to be from Deloitte New Zealand, please contact us on NZinfo@deloitte.co.nz