Conduct and Compliance Manager
Auckland, NZ /
Administrative & Corporate Services – Independence & Risk Management /
· Permanent opportunity working in a newly created role
· Be part of an inclusive and collaborative workplace
· Global Brand, currently ranked in the top 10 of most desirable employers in NZ
** Please note that you must have valid NZ work rights and be based in NZ to be considered for this role**
We aspire to embed a Conduct mindset throughout our organisation and empower our people and business to make the right choices and decisions, for the right reasons, at all times. This is an exciting opportunity to develop a career in risk and compliance management and obtain exposure to the entire suite of the firm’s offerings and operations.
In this role, you will be positioned 50/50 for both the Deloitte New Zealand and Asia Pacific Conduct team and will report to the New Zealand Conduct Leader and Asia Pacific Conduct Leaders. You will be the main point of contact for both teams and will develop a niche and specialised knowledge, as well as learn valuable consultation and communication skills, and gain knowledge on quality and risk matters within a large professional services organisation.
We are looking for a passionate and self-motivated individual to join the team to consult on a wide range of ethics, risk, regulatory compliance, conduct and governance areas.
- Under the leadership of the Asia Pacific Ethics Leader or Asia Pacific Anti-corruption and Financial Crime leader, deliver on key aspects of the Asia Pacific Conduct strategy.
- Assisting the Conduct Team on policy and regulatory matters, including risk assessments, monitoring and reporting.
- Development of processes, tools and templates to support the firm’s application of various compliance policies.
- Ongoing monitoring of compliance with various internal policies of the firm.
- Assisting the Conduct team develop and deliver relevant training across the firm.
- Leading/ Participating in working groups on new requirements or alignment of the ways of working across Asia Pacific.
Enough about us! Let’s talk about you! You will ideally have 5 + years’ experience in:
- Risk management
- Anti-bribery and corruption
- Compliance management
- Economic / trade sanctions
- Financial services/AFSL compliance
You will also:
- Have a strong operational compliance background (including compliance monitoring).
- 5 + years’ experience within the financial services, professional services or in a regulatory function.
- Be proactive, positive and risk aware.
- Be able to communicate and collaborate with other professionals within Deloitte and be a team player.
- Have strong communication skills both written and verbal, have strong analytical skills and be comfortable in interpreting and applying rules to a range of circumstances.
- Be able to work independently and prioritise tasks to meet deadlines and deliver to a high standard.
- Be confident in managing business and supplier relationships.
- Have the ability to understand complex issues and escalate where required to senior team members.
Sound like the sort of role for you? Apply now.
If you’ve got any questions or wish to have a confidential conversation about this role, contact Kate Park from the Talent Acquisition team at 09 303 0792. We’d love to hear from you!
Deloitte is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and we are committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. Knowing that people work best in different ways, we are happy to discuss alternative arrangements if the working pattern you are looking for is not specifically indicated. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of application to assist you through the recruitment process.