Data Migration Lead
Christchurch, NZ /
Consulting – Strategy, Analytics & M&A /
· Get access to unlimited learning and development opportunities
· Join a collaborative and innovative team who are always looking to make an impact that matters
· Be challenged and engaged across a variety of projects, environments, and people
About the role and team
As a member of our Artificial Intelligence and Data Consulting team you will playing an active role in delivering innovative solutions in the area of data, insights and analytics. Our Partners and Directors will support your career and skills development and provide strategic direction to align company goals with personal ones.
The position is wide ranging, covering the entire spectrum of an end to end project in the true sense of the term, expect to have a variety of tasks and responsibilities including data migration and data management. The best part is that you’re engaged in a variety of challenging technical environments over a range of industry verticals. Leading by example, you will also help everyone in the team to develop new skills through a knowledge sharing environment and strive to deliver the best outcome for our clients.
A day in the life of a Data Migration Lead might look like:
• Responsible for the development of the overall data migration strategy and migration flow design
• Lead a team of developers and/or migration analysts to deliver the migration design and source to target system field mapping
• Support the functional build team with the technical and functional data design
• Support the project management activities with developing cut over plans and by doing impact analysis on design changes, defects etc.
• Work closely with management to prioritize business and information needs
• Locate and define new process improvement opportunities within the data migration and data management scope.
• Support the modernisation of data migration and data management technology, utilising skills and experiences of the wider Artificial Intelligence and Data team.
• Support business development activities with regards to data migration opportunities
• Support the leadership group in building data migration capabilities within the Artificial Intelligence and Data team by supporting the recruitment of suitable resources and/or upskilling of existing team members
Enough about us, let’s talk about you. You are someone with:
• Experience working with or migrating data to CRM or ERPs such as Oracle, Salesforce or SAP, preferably cloud migrations.
• Understanding and experience of data profiling, reconciliation, analysis, data cleansing, transformations, and fall-out management
• Understanding and experience of data quality definition, discussions with business on the impacts of the data quality and solution for handling the data quality in case of exceptional scenarios
• Experience and ability to define detailed strategies for cutover and rollback
• Hands-on involvement in Low-Level Design, Development and architecting of large data migration projects
• Hands-on experience interrogating and manipulating data in data base technologies such as SQL and Oracle databases using languages like SQL or PL/SQL
• Leadership skills in taking a strong leadership role in the phases of data migration from design to build and testing
• Familiar with software development life cycle guidelines and software/document version controls
• Project management, and Jira or Confluence experience preferred
Does the role sound like it was made for you? We’d love to hear from you!
Deloitte is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and we are committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. Knowing that people work best in different ways, we are happy to discuss alternative arrangements if the working pattern you are looking for is not specifically indicated. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of application to assist you through the recruitment process.
Studies have shown that women and people from under-represented backgrounds are less likely to apply for roles where they do not match the job description criteria exactly. If you're excited about this role and think you have what it takes, but your experience doesn't align 100%, we still want to hear from you and would encourage to apply.
We understand there have been cases of phishing emails purporting to be recruiters for Deloitte. Any communication from Deloitte New Zealand regarding an employment application will come from a “@deloitte.co.nz” or from our Applicant Tracking System “@hire.lever.co” email address or our video interview platform deloittenz.hirevue.com. If you have received a suspicious email and would like to verify validity of any communications that appear to be from Deloitte New Zealand, please contact us on NZinfo@deloitte.co.nz