Strategy & Business Design - Consultant
Wellington, NZ /
Consulting – Strategy, Analytics & M&A /
Please note: you must be based and legally entitled to work in New Zealand from the time of application to be considered.
- Do you have a passion for complex problem solving?
- Do you want to help New Zealand based and international organisations harness opportunities and deliver greater value?
- Does making an impact that matters excite you?
Deloitte’s Strategy & Business Design team helps organisations navigate today, plan for tomorrow and make the best choices on where to play and how to win!
What will your typical day look like?
As a Consultant in our Strategy & Business Design team you will play an active role in delivering client work as part of a collaborative team who will support your development and provide guidance and direction. You will be working directly with client executives across a wide range of exciting organisations to solve their most challenging strategic issues.
You will play a key role in client engagement, creating and presenting project deliverables and supporting your team to manage project work streams.
The broad nature of our client base means that you will have the opportunity to gain exposure to a range of industries and to continue to learn every day, developing your core capabilities.
You are someone with:
• 2+ years demonstrated experience working as part of a team on engagements in the public or private sector.
• Strong quantitative skills with the ability to collect data, transform into useful information to better understand and analyse problems.
• Ability to communicate, present and contextualise complex ideas concisely and accurately while adjusting style and tone to suit your audience.
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to connect with both clients and your team to share information and ideas and together deliver project outcomes.
• Ability to understand how assigned areas of responsibility contribute to broader business objectives.
• A desire to seek out opportunities to continually learn and bring a positive outlook to new challenges.
About the team:
We are a rapidly growing team based in Auckland, Wellington and Christchurch. We are currently looking for talented people to join our Wellington office. Our people have widely varied backgrounds but are united by a passion for creating a lasting impact for our clients.
At Deloitte, the success of our business is founded on recruiting the best people who share our values and relish the opportunity to embrace change, making a difference on every engagement.
We are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive culture. We are fair in our behaviours and our policies promote equal opportunity for all.
If you have the drive and passion to succeed, apply now.
Deloitte is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and we are committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. Knowing that people work best in different ways, we are happy to discuss alternative arrangements if the working pattern you are looking for is not specifically indicated. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of application to assist you through the recruitment process.
Studies have shown that women and people from under-represented backgrounds are less likely to apply for roles where they do not match the job description criteria exactly. If you're excited about this role and think you have what it takes, but your experience doesn't align 100%, we still want to hear from you and would encourage to apply.
We understand there have been cases of phishing emails purporting to be recruiters for Deloitte. Any communication from Deloitte New Zealand regarding an employment application will come from a “@deloitte.co.nz” or from our Applicant Tracking System “@hire.lever.co” email address or our video interview platform deloittenz.hirevue.com. If you have received a suspicious email and would like to verify validity of any communications that appear to be from Deloitte New Zealand, please contact us on NZinfo@deloitte.co.nz