Planview Functional/ Solution Lead
Wellington, NZ /
Consulting – EO - SD&M /
• Craving variety on your projects? Deloitte works across a diverse set of clients and industries
• Curious and love to learn? Get access to unlimited learning and development opportunities
• Join a collaborative and innovative team who are always looking to make an impact that matters to our environment, people, and clients
What will your typical day look like?
- We currently have an opportunity for an experienced Functional Lead to join our rapidly growing Planview product delivery team within our Systems Delivery & Modernisation (SD&M) team.
- You will be utilising a deep understanding of Planview product and functional knowledge, to work within project teams and our clients to define the solution to be implemented (within a combination of Planview products).
- You will enjoy working hands on with the clients to discuss and lead the elicitation of requirements and user stories to share with the offshore configuration team.
- You will also quality assure the configured product to ensure this meets the client needs prior to facilitation of formal UAT by the client.
- You will be passionate about helping clients get the best from their Planview product suite and deliver value to their business.
Typical engagements include:
- Working in collaboration with clients to launch and iterate digital products built by digital product delivery teams focused on value and outcomes.
- Advising on how best to leverage the Planview software to deliver value within their business.
- Supporting the engagement sales process and helping define projects that helps our clients achieve their outcomes.
- Helping build out Deloitte’s local and global Planview capability as well as contributing to our broader Project, Programme, Portfolio, Product and EPMO services.
- Building digital products that are part of large-scale transformation programmes including industries such Health, Public Sector, Banking, and Insurance.
- Coaching and mentoring teams for both engagement delivery and career development.
About the team:
- You will be in good company - with the SD&M team, you will be exposed to cutting-edge technology in an environment focused on innovation and entrepreneurship. We are constantly looking for bright people who are passionate about technology enablement and seek to maximise the value we deliver to our clients.
- You will be joining a team of passionate professionals from various backgrounds, within our System Delivery & Modernisation team, who share a common interest in Project, Programme and Portfolio Delivery, coupled with technology and excellent customer service.
- If you are always yearning to learn more and rise to new heights in a fast-paced environment that is continuously evolving, this is the place for you.
Enough about us, let’s talk about you:
- You’re a problem solver that loves finding creative and innovative ways for organisations to achieve great things using technology.
- You have hands on experience delivering and implementing full life cycle Strategic Portfolio Management and Project & Programme tooling (preferably in Planview).
- You’re experienced in providing functional delivery advice, running workshops, producing solution design documentation and documenting user stories and requirements.
- You have an eye for quality and are familiar with best practice in terms of technical project / SDLC testing practices and garnering solution acceptance from stakeholders.
- Experience across a variety of technology solution implementations, especially ERP, CRM, Digital Process / Workflow Automation, Integration, Data and Analytics and Web.
- You have led and managed technology teams including software engineers and designers to create products that deliver value for end users.
- You have a deep understanding of the software development lifecycle and have experience using different techniques to deliver working software and reduce deliver risks.
- You appreciate complex programmes have dependencies and you thrive on removing impediments that enables the team to make progress.
- Agility, collaboration, and innovation are always front of mind, and you also have an appreciation that planning, budgets, and timelines play a crucial part in delivering complex programmes of significant scale.
- You will also have the opportunity to lead and participate in project tendering and proposals for new business development.
- You must love to learn, strive to be the best and have an inquisitive and enthusiastic nature that thrives in fast-paced environments.
- You’re excited to be part of a community of practice and contribute to the growth of the Deloitte service offering and find ways to continuously improve.
People Leadership, you will:
- Be a leader who promotes a strong team culture of diversity, inclusion, collaboration, communication, and innovation.
- Encourage and foster diverse views and opinions for inclusion in all aspects of how the team delivers and works together.
- Ensuring all team members are empowered and fully effective in their roles and are engaged in ongoing development through initiatives such as training.
- Provide regular support with clear direction for team members, as well as annual personal development reviews.
- Support recruitment of new team members.
- Train and build capability and knowledge across teams for both engagement delivery and career development.
Client Management, you will:
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills with a proven ability to engage stakeholders at all levels and develop relationships.
- Actively manage high quality client delivery and nurture ongoing relationships.
- Lead teams to positively represent Deloitte to the client and external stakeholders.
- Work with the management team to identify, tender for and secure new business.
- Build personal networks to develop new business from existing and desired clients.
Qualifications & Experience:
- 7+ years’ Functional Consulting, Business Analyst, P3M3, and/or product management experience.
- Demonstrable experience and knowledge in Planview products translating complex business requirements into detailed functional solutions.
- Understanding of PPM & Enterprise Architecture with a SAAS delivery model.
- Proven procurement and vendor side management experience.
- Customer facing Planview Pre-Sales presentations for potential clients, working closely with the leadership teams developing new opportunities for NZ and APAC clients.
- Working in partnership with Deloitte Planview Alliance to influence product roadmap.
- DLC experience across a broad range of outcomes and solutions.
- Demonstrable experience delivering within agile frameworks and operating models.
- Relevant Agile Delivery and/or Product certifications.
- Demonstrated leadership roles across a number of simultaneous projects.
- Experience in management and development of employees.
If you have the drive and passion to succeed, apply now.
Deloitte is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and we are committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. Knowing that people work best in different ways, we are happy to discuss alternative arrangements if the working pattern you are looking for is not specifically indicated. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of application to assist you through the recruitment process.
Studies have shown that women and people from under-represented backgrounds are less likely to apply for roles where they do not match the job description criteria exactly. If you're excited about this role and think you have what it takes, but your experience doesn't align 100%, we still want to hear from you and would encourage to apply.
We understand there have been cases of phishing emails purporting to be recruiters for Deloitte. Any communication from Deloitte New Zealand regarding an employment application will come from a “@deloitte.co.nz” or from our Applicant Tracking System “@hire.lever.co” email address or our video interview platform deloittenz.hirevue.com. If you have received a suspicious email and would like to verify validity of any communications that appear to be from Deloitte New Zealand, please contact us on NZinfo@deloitte.co.nz