2023/2024 Intern | Risk Advisory | Cyber | Wellington
Wellington, NZ /
Risk Advisory – Cyber /
· Do you have a passion for Cyber Security and the fascinating role of Privacy in our digital future?
· Are you interested in accessing the best learning and development opportunities in technology and business?
· How about working hands-on with a wide range of clients across different industries?
· Do you fancy collaborating directly with experts and developing innovative ideas to make an impact that matters?
Deloitte's Summer Intern program, running from November 2023 to February 2024, is a great way to experience what life is like in the Cyber team by giving you real world exposure to clients and projects. The program is designed to help you make the best career choice by showing you what it's like working for Deloitte.
What will you get to do?
Cyber threats are constantly evolving and the security solution landscape is becoming more complex. That’s why our work is more meaningful (and exciting) than ever. Always one step ahead, we support clients with being secure, vigilant and resilient end-to-end advisory, implementation and managed services. We’re a team of strategists, disrupters, architects, hackers, and technologists that help clients address cyber threats to build smarter, faster and more connected futures. Pretty cool, right?
Your future starts with us.
As a worldwide leader in cyber strategy consulting and cyber intelligence, our team is comprised of 3 main pillars:
Strategy & Governance: We help clients develop their cyber security/data privacy strategies and governance and operating models to support security priorities in an era where cyber is everywhere. This involves interviewing client leadership to understand the design of strategies, contrasting with leading practices and providing feedback and recommendations for improvement.
Implement & Operate: We assist clients with creating and implementing bold cyber solutions that will allow their businesses and organisations to operate using the latest cyber capability’s. In addition, we also provide hands on support for a solution or service where required.
Detect & Respond: We monitor our client’s systems to detect vulnerabilities and attacks and rigorously test their cyber defences. This work involves: security monitoring and threat hunting, cyber analytics and data analysis, cyber incident response, security orchestration & automationoffensive and defensive security exercises and actions, the list goes on…!
Where can I do it?
Enough about us, let’s talk about you.
- Has a true passion for information security and technology – majored in IT, Computer Science, Engineering (Understanding or background in Business/Commerce/Law is a plus)
- Great interpersonal skills and thrive in collaborative environments
- Keen to get involved with driving technology-enabled change and delivering high quality outcomes for our clients
- Have a sharp and analytical mind
- Flexible, adaptable and resilient with the ability to embrace change and operate in ambiguous situations
- Self-awareness and good emotional intelligence to navigate between clients with competing priorities
Sound like the sort of role for you? Apply now!
Remember you will need your CV, covering letter and academic transcript. Please only apply once, multiple applications will not be considered. You must be legally entitled to live and work in New Zealand from the time of application to be considered.
Please be aware, if a particular opportunity becomes oversubscribed, we will close it for applications before the stated deadline. We recommend you submit your full application as early as possible
Deloitte is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and we are committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. Knowing that people work best in different ways, we are happy to discuss alternative arrangements if the working pattern you are looking for is not specifically indicated. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of application to assist you through the recruitment process.
Studies have shown that women and people from under-represented backgrounds are less likely to apply for roles where they do not match the job description criteria exactly. If you're excited about this role and think you have what it takes, but your experience doesn't align 100%, we still want to hear from you and would encourage to apply.
We understand there have been cases of phishing emails purporting to be recruiters for Deloitte. Any communication from Deloitte New Zealand regarding an employment application will come from a “@deloitte.co.nz” or from our Applicant Tracking System “@hire.lever.co” email address or our video interview platform deloittenz.hirevue.com. If you have received a suspicious email and would like to verify validity of any communications that appear to be from Deloitte New Zealand, please contact us on NZinfo@deloitte.co.nz