Debt Advisory- Associate Director/ Director
Auckland, NZ /
Financial Advisory – Corporate Finance /
Debt Advisory Services - What do we do?
We work with private and public clients to provide advice across the full spectrum of debt capital markets. We assist Board members, CEO’s, CFO’s and treasury teams arranging debt and/or capital funding associated with maturing debt facilities and new funding requirements for liquidity purposes, acquisitions, growth capital initiatives and other related projects. The Debt Advisory team is a financial advisor to many Corporate and private sector clients across New Zealand and has advised and arranged funding from between $25m to $350m in the past several years with clients in a broad range of industry sectors.
About the team
The Debt Advisory team sits within the Financial Advisory business unit and works closely with our M&A and Infrastructure Advisory teams and wider Deloitte client base. Our team provides clients with funding ideas, borrowing structures, creditratings guidance, strategic capital structure advice, debt modelling and raising debt funding. We maintain close relationships with bank and non-bank lenders within New Zealand, Australia, Asia and Globally, including local and foreign banks, credit funds and private equity investors.
Enough about us let’s talk about you!
You are a natural collaborator who is able to apply commercial thinking in designing solutions to real and technical debt capital situations. Prior Debt Advisory or debt capital markets experience is required and you may have a background of working in corporate or institutional banking or professional services firms.
You will also have:
· Pragmatic commercial acumen and an understanding of financial markets debt and capital-related products and trends across local and global debt capital markets.
· Experience co-designing practical capital management and funding solutions for clients
· Strong coaching, mentoring and team management skills, with a passion for developing others.
· Exposure and experience in working with clients across a range of industries and financing situations.
· A commitment to and proven experience in delivering an exceptional service to clients with an ability to work quickly and establish effective working relationships
· Stakeholder management and influencing skills
· At least 10 years’ experience in a Debt Advisory and/or a corporate or institutional banking related role with associated hands-on experience in debt, credit and capital analysis and structuring potential debt outcomes and solutions for clients.
· Strong analytical skills and an understanding of financial information.
· Excellent numeracy skills with keen attention to detail and the ability to absorb and analyse large amounts of data quickly and an ability to undertake detailed financial and commercial analysis for inclusion in presentations and client reports.
· Logical and methodical approach to problem solving.
· Proven project management and organisational skills.
· The self-confidence/appetite to be involved in business and origination development activities.
· A degree in finance economics accounting or mathematics with a relevant post-graduate qualification (e.g. CA CFA or Masters in Finance).
Deloitte is the largest professional services firm globally with a true focus on developing its people. At Deloitte, we create great work experiences that enable our people to make an impact that matters with our clients and in society. We embrace people with diverse backgrounds and thinking styles. Knowing that people work best in different ways, we have flexible working policies that enable our people to be at their best whilst balancing the needs of the individual, our clients and our teams.
Sound like the sort of role for you? Apply now. We’d love to hear from you!
Deloitte is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and we are committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. Knowing that people work best in different ways, we are happy to discuss alternative arrangements if the working pattern you are looking for is not specifically indicated. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of application to assist you through the recruitment process.
Studies have shown that women and people from under-represented backgrounds are less likely to apply for roles where they do not match the job description criteria exactly. If you're excited about this role and think you have what it takes, but your experience doesn't align 100%, we still want to hear from you and would encourage to apply.
We understand there have been cases of phishing emails purporting to be recruiters for Deloitte. Any communication from Deloitte New Zealand regarding an employment application will come from a “@deloitte.co.nz” or from our Applicant Tracking System “@hire.lever.co” email address or our video interview platform deloittenz.hirevue.com. If you have received a suspicious email and would like to verify validity of any communications that appear to be from Deloitte New Zealand, please contact us on NZinfo@deloitte.co.nz