Strategy & Business Design - Senior Consultant
Wellington, NZ /
Consulting – Strategy, Analytics & Transformation /
Please note: you must be based and legally entitled to work in New Zealand from the time of application to be considered.
· Join an award-winning global consulting and implementation practice
· Rapidly build your career alongside high-performing people
· Make an impact for some of New Zealand’s most interesting clients
- This is a permanent full time opportunity, working a minimum of 37.5 hours per week.
- The salary range for this role is between $75,000 to $80,000
What will your typical day look like:
·As a Senior Consultant within our Strategy and Business Design team you will work with a team of great consultants, coached by Directors and Partners, working on some of our client’s and country’s most complex and pressing issues.
· You will be working with client executives across a wide range of exciting organisations to understand their challenges and solve their most difficult strategic issues. Working collaboratively is a core value practiced every day.
· You will be responsible for working on interesting engagements and providing our clients with the insights and solutions they need to grow, improve performance and create sustainable competitive advantage. You will help clients take advantage of the many opportunities to be digitally enabled and impactful for New Zealand and on the world stage.
· As well as taking responsibility for project work streams and guiding more junior team members on the day to day delivery of outcomes for clients, you will also contribute by developing client relationships, creating and sharing eminence, identifying opportunities and selling additional client work.
· We are a fun, caring and inclusive team who value people’s individual aspirations and connection to our purpose – to make an impact that matters.
You are someone with:
- At least 2 years demonstrated experience, managing and delivering strategy development and execution, ideally with significant experience working in a Consulting environment. Experience in financial services and health will be well regarded.
- Strong quantitative and analysis skills, able to uncover the heart of problems, identify root causes, offer clear solutions and drive change.
- Ability to communicate, present and contextualise complex ideas concisely and accurately while adjusting style and tone to suit your audience.
- Ability to understand client issues and work with a cross-functional team to meet these challenges head-on.
- Experience and passion for developing and mentoring a diverse and inclusive team, you enjoy seeing newer practitioners grow and develop.
- If you have what it takes as a consulting professional, leader and practice-builder, we can promise opportunities to grow your career in a culture that develops, challenges, innovates and inspires.
- The broad nature of our client base means you have the opportunity to gain exposure to a range of industries and sectors, and a broad spectrum of complex challenges.
- We are committed to learning and development, and Directors and Partners will support your development and provide coaching, guidance and direction. We will offer you training and career development that keeps our consulting team at the top of its game.
- You will be rewarded with a competitive salary, transportation allowance, healthcare, bonus and a range of Manager benefits that you would expect from one of the world's leading professional services brands.
About the team:
We are a rapidly growing team based in Auckland, Wellington and Christchurch. We are currently looking for talented people to join our Wellington office. Our people have widely varied backgrounds but are united by a passion for creating a lasting impact for our clients.
At Deloitte, the success of our business is founded on recruiting the best people who share our values and relish the opportunity to embrace change, making a difference on every engagement.
We are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive culture, and we are investing in growing the representation of women, LGBTQ+, Māori and Pacific people in our team and leadership roles.
If you have the drive and passion to succeed, apply now.
From 11 April 2022 it is no longer a condition of our COVID Response policy that our people, clients, contractors and visitors be vaccinated to attend our premises, Deloitte events or client premises (except where a client has a vaccine pass mandate in place). However, given the changing nature of the pandemic, we do reserve the right, following a Health & Safety Risk Assessment, to require that a role be performed by a person vaccinated against COVID-19 to minimise the health and safety risk to our people therefore ongoing collection of vaccination status will be important for managing future risks.
Deloitte is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and we are committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. Knowing that people work best in different ways, we are happy to discuss alternative arrangements if the working pattern you are looking for is not specifically indicated. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of application to assist you through the recruitment process.
We understand there have been cases of phishing emails purporting to be recruiters for Deloitte. Any communication from Deloitte New Zealand regarding an employment application will come from a “@deloitte.co.nz” or from our Applicant Tracking System “@hire.lever.co” email address or our video interview platform deloittenz.hirevue.com. If you have received a suspicious email and would like to verify validity of any communications that appear to be from Deloitte New Zealand, please contact us on NZinfo@deloitte.co.nz