Senior Platform Engineer
Management Consulting – Technology
• Curious and love to learn? Get access to unlimited learning and development opportunities
• Join a collaborative and innovative team who are always looking to make an impact that matters to our environment, people and clients
What will your typical day look like?
About the team and the role
Platform Engineering is an exciting service line within Deloitte that is focused on building platforms for our clients, helping them to disrupt their industry, before they are disrupted. We utilize a variety of leading cloud platforms, open source technologies and modern software engineering and development practices. Our technology partners include AWS, Red Hat, MuleSoft, Alfresco, Atlassian and Elastic.
Come and join us if you are excited about the future of technology and if you want to build a future-proof career while working within a collaborative and supportive culture.
Typical responsibilities of a platform engineer would include:
• Work to provide a container platform as a product to internal development teams;
• Utilise deep technical skills to maintain and upgrade the platform, plan for future enhancements in conjunction with the product owner;
• Deliver solutions for development teams, and manage all aspects of a container platform including the CI/CD system.
Enough about us, let’s talk about you. Ideally, you are someone with:
- Experience with distributed systems and web architectures;
- A clear understanding of container deployment models;
- Ability to collaborate well with developers, security, testing, and product owners in an agile environment following DevOps principles;
- A solid understanding of networking including DNS, HTTP, firewalls, proxies, routing, etc. and how to debug network related issues;
- Experience with container technologies including Docker, Podman/Buildah, Kubernetes, or OpenShift;
- Experience with software development and CI/CD technologies including Maven, Git, and Jenkins;
- Experience with IT Operations processes and technologies including Ansible, Chef, or Puppet.
It would be nice if you have:
- Experience with virtualized infrastructure or Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) including VMware, OpenStack, Amazon Web Services, Google Compute Engine, or Microsoft Azure;
- Experience with logging and metrics technologies including Elasticsearch, Kibana, Fluentd, and Prometheus;
- Experience with middleware including MuleSoft, Websphere, or JBoss;
- Proficiency in at least one scripting language including Python, Bash, or Groovy.
Sound like the sort of role for you? Apply now.
If you’ve got any questions or wish to have a confidential conversation about this role, contact Gracie Wang from the People and Performance team at 09 303 0775. We’d love to hear from you!
We bring together 1400 specialists professionals providing audit, tax, technology and systems, strategy and performance improvement, risk management, corporate finance, business recovery, forensic and accounting services nationwide.
At Deloitte, we create positively differentiated work experiences that enable our people to feel valued and achieve their full potential. We value difference, and embrace people with diverse backgrounds and thinking styles. Knowing that people work best in different ways, we are happy to discuss alternative arrangements if the working pattern you are looking for is not specifically indicated.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organisation. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. Every day, Deloitte people are making a real impact in the places they live and work. We pride ourselves on doing not only what is good for clients, but also what is good for our people and the communities in which we live and work—always striving to be an organization that is held up as a role model of quality, integrity, and positive change. Learn more about Deloitte’s impact on the world.