2024 Graduate | Financial Advisory Services | Corporate Finance | Christchurch
Christchurch, NZ /
Financial Advisory – Corporate Finance /
Corporate Finance is all about enhancing shareholder value and engineering optimum business and financial strategies for our clients. Every day brings different challenges and opportunities.
We work closely with our clients on the challenges they face, helping them to make important decisions utilising our broad suite of services. You will work on Corporate Finance projects with our clients, including valuations, mergers & acquisitions, transaction support and advisory, restructuring and capital raising.
Our projects are broad, meaning you will gain experience across a range of industries, and develop a suite of competencies and technical skills from across our service offerings.
What qualification will you need?
We will consider a variety of degrees including (but not limited to): Finance, Accounting, Economics, Law, Computer Science, Engineering, Math, Statistics.
What skills will you need?
- A willingness to learn and an inquisitive mind
- Strong numerical skills and the ability to interpret data and provide insights
- Strong communication skills for report writing and presentations
- An ability to find pragmatic solutions to real work problems (flex textbook concepts for use in real world applications)
- Be a collaborative team player
What will you be doing?
- Gaining exposure to valuations, mergers and acquisitions, transaction support and advisory, restructures
- Developing an in-depth understanding of the key commercial and financial issues facing our clients’ and their industries, and the impact these have on value and cash flow
- Providing insightful analysis to help senior management and stakeholders make informed investment decisions
- Helping to produce professional, visually engaging deliverables for clients to effectively convey our complex analysis in a tidy, and easily digestible format
- Using data analytics, visualisation, modelling and innovative design and presentation techniques
- Working collaboratively with senior team members including partners. You will also have the opportunity to present work and recommendations back to clients with your team
- You may have the opportunity to travel to client sites and other Deloitte offices in other parts of the country
What kind of clients will I work with?
Large and medium sized businesses and private equity clients across a variety of industries - for example, media, telecommunications, energy, infrastructure, financial services, healthcare and Māori business.
Sound like the sort of role for you? Apply now!
Remember you will need your CV, covering letter and academic transcript.
Please be aware, if a particular opportunity becomes oversubscribed, we will close it for applications before the stated deadline. We recommend you submit your full application as early as possible.
Deloitte is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and we are committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. Knowing that people work best in different ways, we are happy to discuss alternative arrangements if the working pattern you are looking for is not specifically indicated. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of application to assist you through the recruitment process.
Studies have shown that women and people from under-represented backgrounds are less likely to apply for roles where they do not match the job description criteria exactly. If you're excited about this role and think you have what it takes, but your experience doesn't align 100%, we still want to hear from you and would encourage to apply.
We understand there have been cases of phishing emails purporting to be recruiters for Deloitte. Any communication from Deloitte New Zealand regarding an employment application will come from a “@deloitte.co.nz” or from our Applicant Tracking System “@hire.lever.co” email address or our video interview platform deloittenz.hirevue.com. If you have received a suspicious email and would like to verify validity of any communications that appear to be from Deloitte New Zealand, please contact us on NZinfo@deloitte.co.nz