Assurance and Advisory Senior Auditor or Assistant Manager
Wellington, NZ /
Accounting & Auditing – Audit /
- Worldwide top tier accounting firm
-Extensive client base working in various industries
-Great team environment and office culture
Destination New Zealand- Wellington
Wellington is a compact city. In the downtown area restaurants, cafes, hotels, attractions and transport are all within walking distance. Accessible and affordable public transport gives you easy access to the region.
If a long commute to work is something you’d like to avoid then you’ll be pleased to know that, on average, Wellingtonians have a commute to work of only 5kms.
Our Wellington team are looking for a Senior Auditor or Assistant Manager with a minimum of two and a half years' practical experience in providing audit and assurance services in a Chartered Accounting environment. We anticipate candidates will either have a professional qualification (i.e. CA or equivalent) or will be working towards this.
We provide a full range of services to our predominantly corporate, private, and public sector market throughout wider New Zealand. We will provide you with the opportunity to work alongside a number of the region's largest and most successful businesses and enterprises. You will gain exposure to a wide range of industries and have opportunities to contribute to projects on a national basis.
- minimum of 2.5+ years audit experience
- CA (or equivalent) qualified, or working towards a qualification.
- Demonstrated ability with IFRS and PBE IPSAS
- Very strong analytical and numerical skills combined with sound excel skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong project management skills.
- Proven ability to lead audit teams and work effectively in a team environment.
- Well-developed research and problem solving skills.
You will develop your skills in:
- Presenting findings and recommending/implementing advice
- Reviewing written advice, reports, memoranda and/or other relevant deliverables
- Analytical thinking and problem solving; making recommendations that shape or support the client’s business strategy
- Understanding of audit and risk issues and stakeholder needs to address complex problems
- Positively influencing clients, teams, and individuals by building relationships and communicating effectively.
- Delivering exceptional client service; maximising results while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders.
Please apply with your CV and cover letter. For further details please contact Sharon Manoharan on 09 303 0728.
Deloitte are committed to keeping everyone safe from COVID-19. From December 1 2021 until further notice, Deloitte will introduce a COVID-19 Vaccination policy that requires all staff, contractors, clients and visitors to be fully vaccinated before they can access our offices. Similarly, only Deloitte vaccinated people will visit our client premises and attend work-related events. For more information, please visit our website; https://www2.deloitte.com/nz/en/pages/risk/articles/open-for-business-navigating-covid19.html
Deloitte is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and we are committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. Knowing that people work best in different ways, we are happy to discuss alternative arrangements if the working pattern you are looking for is not specifically indicated. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of application to assist you through the recruitment process.
We understand there have been cases of phishing emails purporting to be recruiters for Deloitte. Any communication from Deloitte New Zealand regarding an employment application will come from a “@deloitte.co.nz” or from our Applicant Tracking System “@hire.lever.co” email address. If you have received a suspicious email and would like to verify validity of any communications that appear to be from Deloitte New Zealand, please contact us on NZinfo@deloitte.co.nz