Scrum Master and Product Lead
Wellington, NZ /
Consulting – EO - SD&M /
• Craving variety on your projects? Deloitte works across a diverse set of clients and industries
• Curious and love to learn? Get access to unlimited learning and development opportunities
• Join a collaborative and innovative team who are always looking to make an impact that matters to our environment, people, and clients
What will your typical day look like?
About the team and the role
We are looking for an experienced agile delivery and scrum master specialist, to support the strategy and growth of the Wellington Systems Delivery & Modernisation practice.
The successful candidate will be responsible for leading digital teams to transform the way our clients deliver services to their customers through modern, disruptive technology.
Typical engagements include:
• Working in collaboration with our clients to launch and iterate digital products built by digital product teams focused on outcomes
• Advising our clients on industry best practice for structuring, empowering, and leading digital product teams made up of engineers, designers, and product managers.
• Building digital products that are part of large-scale transformation programmes including industries such Health, Public Sector, Banking, and Insurance.
• Building specific components of digital transformation programmes, for example integration platforms, data & analytics platforms, and Cloud platforms.
Enough about us, let’s talk about you
You are someone with experiences in:
• You’re a problem solver that loves finding creative ways for teams to achieve great things using technology
• You have led and managed technology teams including software engineers and designers to create products that deliver value for end users
• You have a deep understanding of the software development lifecycle and have experience using different techniques to deliver working software and reduce deliver risks
• You appreciate complex programmes have dependencies and you thrive on removing impediments that enables the team to make progress
• Agility, collaboration, and innovation are always front of mind, and you also have an appreciation that planning, budgets, and timelines play a crucial part in delivering complex programmes of significant scale.
• You’re excited to be part of a community of practice and contribute to the growth of the Deloitte service offering and find ways to continuously improve
• You will also have the opportunity to lead and participate in project tendering and proposals for new business development
• Be a leader who promotes a strong team culture of collaboration, communication, and innovation
• Encourage and foster diverse views and opinions for inclusion in all aspects of how the team delivers and works together
• Ensuring all team members are empowered and fully effective in their roles, and are engaged in ongoing development through initiatives such as training
• Regular support with clear direction for team members, as well as annual personal development reviews
• Support recruitment of new team members
• Actively manages high quality client delivery and nurtures ongoing relationships
• Leads teams to positively represent Deloitte to the client and external stakeholders
• Works with the management team to identify, tender for and secure new business
• Build personal networks to develop new business from existing and desired clients
• 5+ years’ project management, scrum master, and/or product management experience
• Demonstratable experience delivering within agile frameworks and operating models
• Relevant Agile Delivery and/or Product certifications
• Proven ability to participate or lead business development activities
• Professional attitude to work
• Takes on a leadership role across a number of simultaneous projects
• Experience in management and development of employees
• SDLC experience across a broad range of outcomes and solutions
If you have the drive and passion to succeed, apply now.
Deloitte is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and we are committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. Knowing that people work best in different ways, we are happy to discuss alternative arrangements if the working pattern you are looking for is not specifically indicated. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of application to assist you through the recruitment process.
Studies have shown that women and people from under-represented backgrounds are less likely to apply for roles where they do not match the job description criteria exactly. If you're excited about this role and think you have what it takes, but your experience doesn't align 100%, we still want to hear from you and would encourage to apply.
We understand there have been cases of phishing emails purporting to be recruiters for Deloitte. Any communication from Deloitte New Zealand regarding an employment application will come from a “@deloitte.co.nz” or from our Applicant Tracking System “@hire.lever.co” email address or our video interview platform deloittenz.hirevue.com. If you have received a suspicious email and would like to verify validity of any communications that appear to be from Deloitte New Zealand, please contact us on NZinfo@deloitte.co.nz