National Accounting Technical Manager /Associate Director
Auckland, NZ /
Accounting & Auditing – Audit Advisory /
Deloitte New Zealand will be enjoying an extended break this holiday season and will be out of office from Friday 24th December and returning Monday 17th January. Please expect a delay in our response to your application over this time
· Do you have a passion for learning and teaching others?
· Are you an experienced audit professional looking for a challenging and rewarding career?
· Deloitte support flexible working
The purpose of this role is to become a thought leader for the business, to promote accounting knowledge and audit quality and be the first place that the firm's partners and people go to when they are not sure of an accounting treatment or audit requirement under GAAP, including IFRS, NZ IFRS and PBE Standards. You will know the sources for support material and be capable of researching and producing support material where there is none currently available.
The appointee to this role will be able to heavily influence their direction and specialization, with a clear mandate to become a genuine expert in a number of fields. You will be working with other highly talented professional people with the same dedicated focus to make an impact that matters and setting the direction to deliver exceptional client service.
You will demonstrate and develop your capabilities in the following areas:
- Managing multiple pieces of work concurrently with several Assurance & Advisory Partners.
- Regular communication with clients and audit and advisory teams.
- Researching and analyzing accounting issues.
- Contributing to and/or taking responsibility for the preparation of the firm's accounting alert, the model financial statements and other publications on financial reporting matters.
- Identifying and providing insightful recommendations about a broad range of technical accounting issues in a timely manner.
- Ensuring client and internal deadlines are met, without compromising on audit quality.
- Providing practical advice within the framework of GAAP, NZ IFRS, PBE Standards.
- Being a role model and mentor for Analysts and Supervisors by providing training and development opportunities, and influencing the team positively.
- Previous experience as an auditor, preferably to a manager level and/or experience working in an accounting technical role within a large corporate entity.
- Strong knowledge of GAAP, NZ IFRS and PBE Standards.
- Strong knowledge of New Zealand Auditing and Assurance Standards.
- Like most technically capable people you will have a fine eye for detail and will enjoy the constantly changing landscape of the regulatory environment, financial reporting standards.
- Equally important will be your skills in communicating the crucial aspects of these standards throughout the firm and supporting others in their delivery of quality audits and advisory engagements.
- Engaging across the organisation and taking responsibility for rolling out seminars and writing reports, submissions and articles.
- Learning and the dissemination of knowledge will be a passion as will be the determination to remain on the cutting edge of your profession.
If you have the drive and passion to succeed, apply now. If you’ve got any questions or wish to have a confidential conversation about this role, contact Jevon Beukes from the Talent Acquisition team at 09 952 4213. We’d love to hear for you!
Deloitte are committed to keeping everyone safe from COVID-19. From December 1 2021 until further notice, Deloitte will introduce a COVID-19 Vaccination policy that requires all staff, contractors, clients and visitors to be fully vaccinated before they can access our offices. Similarly, only Deloitte vaccinated people will visit our client premises and attend work-related events. For more information, please visit our website; https://www2.deloitte.com/nz/en/pages/risk/articles/open-for-business-navigating-covid19.html
Deloitte is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and we are committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. Knowing that people work best in different ways, we are happy to discuss alternative arrangements if the working pattern you are looking for is not specifically indicated. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of application to assist you through the recruitment process.
We understand there have been cases of phishing emails purporting to be recruiters for Deloitte. Any communication from Deloitte New Zealand regarding an employment application will come from a “@deloitte.co.nz” or from our Applicant Tracking System “@hire.lever.co” email address. If you have received a suspicious email and would like to verify validity of any communications that appear to be from Deloitte New Zealand, please contact us on NZinfo@deloitte.co.nz