Tax Consultant - Senior Consultant - TP
Auckland, NZ /
Tax – Tax /
- Join our award-winning Tax Team
- Varied role with a supportive and dynamic team
- Training and development tailored to you and your career goals
Deloitte New Zealand has the proud goal to be the undisputed leader in professional services. We work with clients ranging from New Zealand’s largest companies to smaller businesses with ambition to grow.
Our people and culture make this a great place to work. Each of us is unique and valued for that, amongst the best and brightest in the business, and takes pride in our own achievements and the success of others. The culture is about inclusion, collaboration, high performance, and opportunity.
All this translates into the best environment in which to drive your career forward.
Deloitte New Zealand's tax team is widely regarded as experts and leaders in their field. One of our Auckland Tax Teams is looking for two,driven and professional, Tax Consultants/Senior Tax Consultants. This team provides corporate tax advisory, international tax, tax compliance and transfer pricing services to New Zealand’s and global leading multinationals.
This is primarily a client facing role working with other corporate tax teams. You will develop effective business relationships with clients, deliver outstanding tax advice, exceed our client’s expectations and partner with their businesses.
You will demonstrate and develop your capabilities in the following areas:
- Delivering exceptional client service; maximising results and driving high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders.
- Influencing clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with senior people.
- Applying knowledge of current and pending tax legislation and understanding interaction across global tax functions, specifically in your areas of expertise (ideally transfer pricing, corporate tax and international tax).
- Fact based decision making by using the appropriate research techniques and skills.
- Improving work efficiency, effectiveness and client service by using common technology tools.
- Helping clients mitigate risk, meet compliance obligations and statutory deadlines, and realise business goals.
- 2+ years’ work experience, preferably within a transfer pricing or corporate tax specialisation role
- Excellent team player, results driven and client orientated
- Computer literate and competent in the application of MS Office
- Good presentation, verbal and written communication skills
What we offer
We take our coaching seriously and have a strong focus on helping our people achieve their potential and advance through their career. In addition, our team enjoys the benefit of internal training courses as well as support for external courses and conference attendance.
We are innovative and different, and we pride ourselves on our team of diverse, high performing Deloitte Professionals who are talented, supportive, inclusive, and social. Our people are at the heart of our success. Our aim is to ensure that all our people feel comfortable to bring their whole selves to work, and as a result, create a workplace that encourages the true spirit of 'and different'.
You will be rewarded with a competitive salary (from $60,000 p.a. to $90,000 p.a. dependent on experience), healthcare, flex-working and a range of benefits that you would expect from the world's leading professional services brand.
If you have the drive and passion to succeed, apply now. If you’ve got any questions or wish to have a confidential conversation about this role, contact Helene Dikmenli from the Talent Acquisition team at 04 8312440. We’d love to hear for you!
From 11 April 2022 it is no longer a condition of our COVID Response policy that our people, clients, contractors and visitors be vaccinated to attend our premises, Deloitte events or client premises (except where a client has a vaccine pass mandate in place). However, given the changing nature of the pandemic, we do reserve the right, following a Health & Safety Risk Assessment, to require that a role be performed by a person vaccinated against COVID-19 to minimise the health and safety risk to our people therefore ongoing collection of vaccination status will be important for managing future risks.
Deloitte is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and we are committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. Knowing that people work best in different ways, we are happy to discuss alternative arrangements if the working pattern you are looking for is not specifically indicated. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of application to assist you through the recruitment process.
We understand there have been cases of phishing emails purporting to be recruiters for Deloitte. Any communication from Deloitte New Zealand regarding an employment application will come from a “@deloitte.co.nz” or from our Applicant Tracking System “@hire.lever.co” email address or our video interview platform deloittenz.hirevue.com. If you have received a suspicious email and would like to verify validity of any communications that appear to be from Deloitte New Zealand, please contact us on NZinfo@deloitte.co.nz