M&A Advisory Manager
Auckland, NZ /
Financial Advisory – Corporate Finance /
** Please note that you must have valid NZ work rights and be based in NZ to be considered for this role**
Imagine yourself thriving in an innovative and supportive environment advising a diverse range of clients on some of their most important decisions and help them achieve their goals for the future. Are you in?
About the Team
We are M&A Advisors – we provide tailored M&A advice to ensure our clients pursue and successfully complete the transactions that are right for them.
Our M&A Advisory team works directly with shareholders, founders and C-suite executives throughout the entire M&A lifecycle to deliver advice on every aspect of a transaction, from initial valuation guidance, through financial and strategic analysis, to finding and negotiating with the right counterparties. We do this across a wide range of transactions including acquisitions, divestments, recapitalisations, and capital raisings.
We are a group of high-calibre professionals led by a diverse leadership team who are supportive, collaborative, and innovative. We execute some of New Zealand’s most interesting transactions across entrepreneur-backed and family-owned businesses, private equity, and corporate New Zealand.
We are also a global team – working on cross-border deals with multi-disciplinary teams – allowing our people to build wide networks across the world’s largest professional services firm.
At Deloitte we measure our impact by the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We are proud to offer flexible working arrangements which allow our people to implement suitable formal and informal working arrangement to create positive outcomes for our people and our clients.
What will your typical day look like?
Your role will be to support and deliver multi-faceted M&A projects and provide your expertise to turn clients’ frustration into assurance through sophisticated and tailored M&A advice. You will support deals across a variety of sectors including healthcare, consumer business, technology, financial services, manufacturing, etc.
Our clients are at the centre of what we do. Developing a deep understanding of their business, commercial environment and personal aspirations & objectives is essential for our success. As such, you will spend time building lasting client relationships that are key to achieving our team’s objectives.
The role will also provide opportunity to:
- Deliver end-to-end project management of transaction execution, including direct liaison with vendors/bidders/boards and other deal stakeholders (international and national corporations, emerging high-growth companies, private businesses and private equity firms).
- Oversee the structuring and delivery of deal and business development documents such as strategy papers, information memoranda, management presentations, valuation analysis, purchaser co-ordination, and the preparation of information for client/bidder/stakeholder communications.
- Project manage due diligence processes including responsibility for the data room and Q&A process.
- Support or lead various marketing and thought leadership initiatives.
- Participate in and lead aspects of the proposal development process to support practice growth.
- Mentor and support the development of junior staff.
- Work cross-functionally across different practices and businesses within the firm.
Enough about us, let’s talk about you. You are someone, who:
- Has a structured thinking style with excellent inter-personal, analytical, and financial skills.
- Has good knowledge of the M&A process / transaction lifecycle / deal process.
- Has a track record of working on project teams to deliver a successful outcome.
- Has advanced MS Office skills and experience with research tools (S&P Capital IQ, etc).
- Is collaborative and able to develop enthusiasm and commitment from team members and share knowledge.
- Is good at developing strong and durable client relationships as well as build and maintain effective relationships with colleagues.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, with the ability to present clearly in presentation or pitches including senior level stakeholders.
- At least 5 years’ experience within an M&A environment, with direct experience in managing M&A processes.
Have we caught your attention?
Apply now! If you’ve got any questions or wish to have a confidential conversation about this role, contact Kate Park from the Talent Acquisition team on 09 303 0792. We’d love to hear from you!
Deloitte is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and we are committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. Knowing that people work best in different ways, we are happy to discuss alternative arrangements if the working pattern you are looking for is not specifically indicated. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of application to assist you through the recruitment process.