Clients & Sectors Manager
Wellington, NZ /
Business Development / Sales / Marketing – Marketing & Communications /
• Great business development role with the world’s leading professional services brand
• Further your career in our high-performing Clients & Marketing team
• Enjoy a fun, flexible and collaborative work environment that fosters a culture of well-being, growth, and connectedness
We are looking for a motivated professional to join our Clients & Marketing team as a Clients & Sectors Manager. This exciting and varied role spans account management, pursuits and proposals and client feedback. The role is based in Wellington but supports our team nationally. You’ll provide partners and directors with account, pursuit, and general business development support and advice across a portfolio of priority clients.
Unlike sales roles, you’re not out-front selling services to clients in this role. Instead, you’re a trusted internal advisor to our partners, professionals, and wider Clients & Marketing team. However, you will still gain exposure to clients through our client feedback and events programmes.
What will your day look like? Typical responsibilities:
· Provide account planning & management support across a portfolio of priority clients
· Support major pursuits and proposals throughout the lifecycle, and support/facilitate pursuit qualification and strategy processes
· Work with both partners and teams to encourage sales best practice across their various business development activities
· Debrief with clients after projects or tenders complete, and ensure lessons learned to best inform future plans
· Help manage our government procurement panel activity
· Bring a business development lens to Deloitte events and thought leadership
Enough about us, let's talk about you
· You’ll be based in Wellington and have a proven track record in BD, account management, or project management.
· You’ll have a minimum of 5 years commercial work experience, ideally in a professional service, corporate or public sector organisation.
· You'll bring a good range of the skills and attributes below, can learn fast, and are confident you can deliver in our environment.
- You'll have the ability to apply sound thinking and advice in account management and sales processes
· You have a strong client focus, with the ability to articulate client needs and requirements from a commercial perspective
· Experience managing responses to public or private sector tenders, or equivalent deadline-driven business communications
· Strong relationship building, communication, influencing and coaching skills
· The ability to work well within a fast-paced, highly focused and deadline driven environment
So, who is Deloitte?
We are driven to create an impact that matters at every opportunity.
Supported by a strong leadership team and member firms from over 150 countries across the globe, Deloitte New Zealand is in the business of solving complex problems.
Innovation is the oxygen that powers us, enabling us to embrace the unknown, the chaos, the mayhem, because we know this is where the magic can happen.
Over our 175-year history, we have built a reputation for impactful delivery across audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, tax, and technology services.
Our workplace and culture
We are driven by our desire to create positive outcomes for our clients, communities, and people. Our purpose is to make an impact that matters. Everything we do is with intent - the intent to make a meaningful difference.
Our shared values are at the heart of everything we do. Living these values, including ‘taking care of each other’ and ‘fostering inclusion’, is essential to ensuring everyone feels included at work and able to reach their full potential.
For us to succeed and thrive as an organisation, we understand the importance of creating a culture where diverse perspectives matter and where everyone is given an equal opportunity to grow and develop.
We hold a simple belief – that our people’s hard work should be recognised and rewarded beyond their remuneration.
We have reimagined what ‘work’ looks like and how we can empower all our people to create a work experience that is distinct to their needs. Founded on concepts of trust, balance, wellbeing and the importance of personal connection, this is the Deloitte experience.
· Flexible work arrangements – work in a way that suits you best
· Subsidised professional qualifications and paid professional memberships
· Subsidised health insurance
· Income protection insurance
· 22 days annual leave
· Social events, social sports teams, and monthly firm drinks
· A focus on wellness and well-being
· Community focused volunteer days
· A focus on the environment and sustainability
· Plus much more
Does this sound exactly like the sort of role and organisation for you? Then apply now! We’d love to hear from you.
Deloitte is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and we are committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. Knowing that people work best in different ways, we are happy to discuss alternative arrangements if the working pattern you are looking for is not specifically indicated. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of application to assist you through the recruitment process.
Studies have shown that women and people from under-represented backgrounds are less likely to apply for roles where they do not match the job description criteria exactly. If you're excited about this role and think you have what it takes, but your experience doesn't align 100%, we still want to hear from you and would encourage to apply.
We understand there have been cases of phishing emails purporting to be recruiters for Deloitte. Any communication from Deloitte New Zealand regarding an employment application will come from a “@deloitte.co.nz” or from our Applicant Tracking System “@hire.lever.co” email address or our video interview platform deloittenz.hirevue.com. If you have received a suspicious email and would like to verify validity of any communications that appear to be from Deloitte New Zealand, please contact us on NZinfo@deloitte.co.nz