Business Analysts/Senior Business Analysts
Wellington, NZ /
Consulting – EO - Core Business /
Business Analysts/Senior Business Analysts
· Do you believe technology can make a meaningful difference in people's lives?
· Do you have a passion for collaborative working and complex problem-solving?
· Do you enjoy being able to transfer problems into opportunities?
· Do you want to make an impact that matters for our clients?
About the team and the role
We are looking for an experienced Business Analyst to work on exciting agile delivery projects in the Wellington Systems Delivery & Modernisation practice. The successful candidate will work in agile teams/on large projects and programmes to transform the way our clients deliver services to their customers through modern, disruptive technology.
The role would be varied and involve client relationship management, solving complex challenges, working in strong delivery teams, facilitating workshops, creating user stories, and supporting solutions and UX design. You will be involved in the whole life cycle, from advice to implementation and support.
Typical engagements include:
- Working in collaboration with our clients to launch and iterate digital products built by digital product teams focused on outcomes
- Working on a multi-disciplinary delivery team to support requirement elicitation and definition and supporting the delivery of the end solution
- Helping our clients solve complex problems, through detailed business analysis, problem solving and being outcomes focussed.
- Building great best practice delivery teams made up of engineers, designers, and product managers that can delivery great client outcomes
- Building digital products that are part of large-scale transformation programmes including industries such Health, Public Sector, Banking, and Insurance.
- Building specific components of digital transformation programmes, for example integration platforms, data & analytics platforms, and Cloud platforms.
Our talented New Zealand Consulting team works with organisations of all shapes and sizes across the public and private sectors. We help our clients gain maximum value from their service management technology across the entire enterprise from IT, HR, Finance, and business operations.
We work with clients to transform their organisations and ways of working. We have successfully won ServiceNow Partner of the Year three years running and continue to lead the way in the APAC region. We are the most successful ServiceNow team in Aotearoa and work on large and complex assignments across the enterprise. Where others simply can't succeed – our clients trust us to deliver results.
At Deloitte, the success of our business is founded on recruiting the best people who share our values and relish the opportunity to embrace change.
Enough about us, let's talk about you!
· You’re a problem solver that loves finding creative ways for teams to achieve great things using technology
· You have led and managed technology teams including software engineers and designers to create products that deliver value for end users
· You have a deep understanding of the software development lifecycle and have experience using different techniques to deliver working software and reduce deliver risks
· You appreciate complex programmes have dependencies and you thrive on removing impediments that enables the team to make progress
· Agility, collaboration, and innovation are always front of mind, and you also have an appreciation that planning, budgets, and timelines play a crucial part in delivering complex programmes of significant scale.
· You’re experienced in providing functional delivery advice and running workshops
· You have an inquisitive and enthusiastic nature that thrives in fast-paced environments
· You’re excited to be part of a community of practice and contribute to the growth of the Deloitte service offering and find ways to continuously improve
· You will also have the opportunity to lead and participate in project tendering and proposals for new business development
· Be a leader who promotes a strong team culture of collaboration, communication, and innovation
· Encourage and foster diverse views and opinions for inclusion in all aspects of how the team delivers and works together
· Ensuring all team members are empowered and fully effective in their roles, and are engaged in ongoing development through initiatives such as training
· Regular support with clear direction for team members, as well as annual personal development reviews
· Support recruitment of new team members
· Excellent communication skills with a proven ability to engage stakeholders develop relationships and demonstrate leadership qualities.
· Actively manages high quality client delivery and nurtures ongoing relationships
· Leads teams to positively represent Deloitte to the client and external stakeholders
· Works with the management team to identify, tender for and secure new business
· Build personal networks to develop new business from existing and desired clients
· 3+ years’ business analysis / requirement definition and problem-solving experience
· Demonstrable experience delivering within agile frameworks and operating models
· Relevant Agile Delivery and/or Product certifications
· Proven ability to participate or lead business development activities
· Professional attitude to work
· SDLC experience across a broad range of outcomes and solutions
If you have the drive and passion to succeed, apply now.
Deloitte is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and we are committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. Knowing that people work best in different ways, we are happy to discuss alternative arrangements if the working pattern you are looking for is not specifically indicated. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of application to assist you through the recruitment process.
Studies have shown that women and people from under-represented backgrounds are less likely to apply for roles where they do not match the job description criteria exactly. If you're excited about this role and think you have what it takes, but your experience doesn't align 100%, we still want to hear from you and would encourage to apply.
We understand there have been cases of phishing emails purporting to be recruiters for Deloitte. Any communication from Deloitte New Zealand regarding an employment application will come from a “@deloitte.co.nz” or from our Applicant Tracking System “@hire.lever.co” email address or our video interview platform deloittenz.hirevue.com. If you have received a suspicious email and would like to verify validity of any communications that appear to be from Deloitte New Zealand, please contact us on NZinfo@deloitte.co.nz