2023/2024 Intern | Financial Advisory Services | Actuarial & Insurance Services
All New Zealand /
Financial Advisory – Actuarial Services /
· Love to learn? Get access to unlimited learning and development opportunities, from interesting tools to highly-qualified experts.
· Join a collaborative and innovative team who are always looking to make an impact that matters
We’re not your traditional actuarial practice: we leverage deep expertise in actuarial science in unexpected and innovative ways. Deloitte’s focus on innovation and creative thinking will help prepare you for a career that ensures you are a ‘next-generation actuary’! You will be part of the Actuarial Generation that furthers the capabilities of actuaries in wider fields.
We are looking for the first interns ever to join our national Actuarial Services team.
What will you get to do?
As an Intern, you’ll get a taste of what it is like to be an Actuary through core technical skills training and exciting projects to boost your competitive edge in the actuarial market. You'll also get the chance to work with experts across Deloitte Asia Pacific, where you can learn first-hand how actuarial skillsets can be combined with other non-actuarial abilities.
Specifically, you will have the opportunity to work for large insurers both in the New Zealand and Asia Pacific markets to obtain valuation and modelling skills, develop different approaches to delivering projects, cross-collaborate within teams, and build your confidence when facing clients.
Your future starts with us.
Our team of forward-thinking and collaborative consultants offer clients thoughtful solutions that sustain profitable growth and stability.
Enough about us, let’s talk about you.
You’re motivated and have a knack for problem-solving. You can also demonstrate:
- Strong university results from an Actuarial Studies degree (or similar, finance, statistics, mathematics)
- You’re considering pursuing a career as an Actuary.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- An attention to detail, you strive for excellence!
- A love for working with people and have good interpersonal and communication skills
- Proficiency in MS Office applications, particularly Excel
- Willingness to collaborate within a team
- Self-awareness and good emotional intelligence to navigate between clients with competing priorities
Sound like the sort of role for you? Apply now!
Remember you will need your CV, cover letter and academic transcript.
Deloitte is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and we are committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. Knowing that people work best in different ways, we are happy to discuss alternative arrangements if the working pattern you are looking for is not specifically indicated. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of application to assist you through the recruitment process.
Studies have shown that women and people from under-represented backgrounds are less likely to apply for roles where they do not match the job description criteria exactly. If you're excited about this role and think you have what it takes, but your experience doesn't align 100%, we still want to hear from you and would encourage to apply.
We understand there have been cases of phishing emails purporting to be recruiters for Deloitte. Any communication from Deloitte New Zealand regarding an employment application will come from a “@deloitte.co.nz” or from our Applicant Tracking System “@hire.lever.co” email address or our video interview platform deloittenz.hirevue.com. If you have received a suspicious email and would like to verify validity of any communications that appear to be from Deloitte New Zealand, please contact us on NZinfo@deloitte.co.nz