Cloud (AWS/Azure) Data Engineer
Auckland, NZ /
Management Consulting – Operations /
Please note: you must be legally entitled to work in New Zealand from the time of application to be considered.
• Love data and using it to unlock insights with analytics and machine learning?
• Get access to unlimited learning and development opportunities
• Join a collaborative and innovative team who are always looking to make an impact that matters
• Be challenged and engaged across a variety of projects, environments and people
About the role and team
As a member of our Analytics & Cognitive Consulting team you will playing an active role in delivering innovative solutions in the area of data, insights and analytics. Our Managers, Directors and Partner will support your career and skills development and provide strategic direction to align company goals with personal ones.
The position is wide ranging, covering the entire spectrum of an end to end project in the true sense of the term, expect to have a variety of tasks and responsibilities including business analysis, BI development, data warehousing, cloud data engineering and the use of analytics/ML processes. The best part is that you’re engaged in a variety of challenging technical environments over a range of industry verticals. Leading by example, you will also help everyone in the team to develop new skills through a knowledge sharing environment and strive to deliver the best outcome for our clients. A day in the life of a Cloud Data Engineer might look like:
- Analysing complex business problems and technical constraints to help develop innovative cloud (Azure or AWS) data, analytics and BI solutions that exceed client expectations.
- Develop fit for purpose data transformation routines using leading cloud data transformation tools to transforms data into a format that can be easily analysed and maintaining and testing infrastructure for data curation.
- Assist with facilitating workshops and requirement gathering workshops, applying your technical expertise to help translate pain points into actionable items.
- Collaborate across various Deloitte teams to assist with delivering project requirements, including working with and at times leading on and offshore teams.
- Apply and grow your specialist skills in the areas of Cloud Data Platforms, Automation tools, Business Intelligence (BI) and/or Analytics to help clients achieve successful technology and business transformation initiatives.
- Create and maintain documentation to a high standard.
- Supporting your Deloitte colleagues and leaders to make an impact that matters to your community and clients.
Enough about us, let’s talk about you. You are someone with:
- Deep knowledge of data engineering principles and how to apply advanced data manipulation processes to various types of data.
- Good understanding of key data warehousing fundamentals including modelling techniques like dimensional model creation. Knowledge of Data Vault model design would be advantages.
- The ability to develop complex data transformation routines using leading cloud data manipulation languages like Python and Scala.
- Deep knowledge of Cloud platform components in at least one major cloud vendor platform, Azure and AWS preferred.
- Experience with CI/CD in data intensive workloads and environments (DevOps and DataOps)
- Collate data from disparate sources in order to transform and analyse data to provide meaningful and valuable information using Cloud development languages like Spark, Python and Scala.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- A certifications for or equivalent work experience to: AWS or Azure Certified Data Engineer, and AWS or Azure Certified Solution Architect
Sound like the sort of role for you? Apply now.
For further details, please call Gracie Wang, Senior Talent Acquisition Advisor on 093030775.
Deloitte is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and we are committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. Knowing that people work best in different ways, we are happy to discuss alternative arrangements if the working pattern you are looking for is not specifically indicated. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of application to assist you through the recruitment process.