2024 Graduate | Tax & Business Advisory | Business Advisory | Hamilton
Hamilton, NZ /
Tax & BA – Business Advisory /
· Join a collaborative and innovative team who are always looking to make an impact that matters
· Variety! Get exposure to a wide range of clients across different industries
· Have a buddy and career coach to give you feedback, support and advice
Business Advisory provides a huge range of services to businesses that form the backbone of our economy, and some of New Zealand’s most progressive and interesting companies - small to medium sized enterprises (and some very large), as well as high net individuals and families.
We have a number of diverse teams within Deloitte Business Advisory including Māori Business, Pasifika Business and China Services (Auckland only).
Your future starts with us.
We work with an extensive portfolio of high net-worth families, individuals, businesses, charities, public sector and more, with a unique blend of technical accounting skills and business acumen. Our team of talented and trusted Advisors offer services such as preparing financial statements and tax returns, tax planning, technical accounting advice, management accounting, budgeting/forecasting, and advisory.
What will you get to do?
- Learn from the best to provide clients with advisory services
- Prepare management reports, financial statements, technical advice, assist clients with their tax compliance
- Work directly with clients to support their Finance function
- Develop skills in system implementations, project delivery, analysis of financial and non-financial information, and relationship management
- Connect and collaborate with other teams within Deloitte such as Tax, Corporate Finance and Audit & Assurance
- Gain exposure to a variety of cloud based financial tools whilst growing your Excel and reporting skills
- Be involved in the Deloitte Fast50 and other exciting Deloitte initiatives
- Participate in firm events to bond and build relationships with your fellow colleagues
Enough about us, let’s talk about you.
- You’re an ambitious, diligent and detail-orientated student
- Majoring in Accounting or Tax or studying a degree that makes you eligible for the Chartered Accountants Program
- A strong communicator who possesses the skills needed to build relationships with both your team and clients
- Adaptable and driven – you understand what it’s like to overcome obstacles through sheer tenacity and hard work
- Have a sharp and analytical mind
- Great interpersonal skills and thrive in collaborative environments
- Self-awareness and good emotional intelligence to navigate between clients with competing priorities
Sound like the sort of role for you? Apply now!
Remember you will need your CV, covering letter and academic transcript. Please only apply once, multiple applications will not be considered. You must be legally entitled to live and work in New Zealand from the time of application to be considered.
Please be aware, if a particular opportunity becomes oversubscribed, we will close it for applications before the stated deadline. We recommend you submit your full application as early as possible.
Deloitte is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and we are committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. Knowing that people work best in different ways, we are happy to discuss alternative arrangements if the working pattern you are looking for is not specifically indicated. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of application to assist you through the recruitment process.
Studies have shown that women and people from under-represented backgrounds are less likely to apply for roles where they do not match the job description criteria exactly. If you're excited about this role and think you have what it takes, but your experience doesn't align 100%, we still want to hear from you and would encourage to apply.
We understand there have been cases of phishing emails purporting to be recruiters for Deloitte. Any communication from Deloitte New Zealand regarding an employment application will come from a “@deloitte.co.nz” or from our Applicant Tracking System “@hire.lever.co” email address or our video interview platform deloittenz.hirevue.com. If you have received a suspicious email and would like to verify validity of any communications that appear to be from Deloitte New Zealand, please contact us on NZinfo@deloitte.co.nz